cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Microwave Running When Door Closed

My microwave has begun to run on its own when I shut the door. I have to keep it unplugged from heating and burning the motor. Do I have any options other than ordering a new one?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Microwave Running When Door Closed

We have the same issue. I tried leaving it unplugged over night, cleaned the door latch and all around the door. Still runs if plugged in and door closed. Control panel doesn't work either.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave Running When Door Closed

I suggest that you also check for any damages to the power cord of the unit as well as checking to make sure that the outlet itself isn't damaged

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

You are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent by visiting any mod's profile. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.