cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave automatically turns vent on and inputs numbers on its own- Model ME21M706BAS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersHZdDrPeTP   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Microwave automatically turns vent on and inputs numbers on its own- Model ME21M706BAS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I own a Samsung model MS23K3513. I kid you not once plugged in the turn table and fan goes on and stays at room temperature. It does not respond to the stop command unless unplugged. This cycle goes on and on. It's basically useless to switch it on at this point.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

​​​​Unit showing error codes for example:

• C-20, C-21, C-22 Error with Temp Sensor.

• E-24 Over Temperature Error

When too much heat is rising from the cooktop and the microwave could be damaged, the vent will automatically turn on to prevent damage. When this occurs, the vent cannot be turned off until the heat dissipates. If this occurs when there is no heat the unit will require service 

*Use the following link to find a list of service centers near that can do the in/out of warranty repair. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone been out of warranty and had Samsung fix this issue? The same issues mentioned we have had going on since we bought it 2 years ago but the only resolution Samsung gave was unplug and reset the circuit breaker. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue with my ME16K3000AS microwave. Yesterday noticed the vent fan turn itself on automatically,  when it has not even been used nor the stove underneath for a day or 2. I cant find any info, called samsung custo.er service and was told to contact a repair company, it was out of the 1 yr warranty and nothing they could do. . . I have unplugged for 5 minutes the first time an 30 mins later it happened again then unplugged for 6 hrs and still. . . .guess wait to see what this will cost me. .have all samsung appliances too. Oh joy!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with my Microwave purchased in 2016 Model# ME21K7010DG, also purchased at Best Buy, aka Pacific Sales. I had nothing but trouble with all my Samsung appliances I bought there. The whole Suite had at least one or more issues. This Microwave has been turning itself on since I bought it and I have fought with Samsung to fix the issues. Back in 2017 they replaced the door and the Tech blamed it on a defective ground issue. But here we are in 2020 and the issue is back!!  Don't believe the Ground wire lie!!  That's to hold you over until the warranty plays out!! So here I am again back to the battlefield with Samsung, because of course, it's never their fault!  They want me to pay for this useless repair again in May 2020! I would throw it out and go with another brand, but it matches my other useless appliances that I paid a grand total of almost $5000.00 for back in Dec 2016, for this very pretty, but expensive junk!!  My old appliances worked better, they were just old!! The Dishwasher won't dry dishes and detergent door won't open! Racks are designed to not hold your dishes upright! I really hate this dishwasher! The Range stove top discolorated inside of the glass the very first time I used it, and they refused to fix it! They told me that I caused it by using it for the first time, and is a cosmetic issue! Guess I am just suppose to look at it and not use it for it's intended purpose! ...And it's only suppose to look good in their showroom! I also had an issue with the ice maker in Refrigerator, but it was replaced, but I still notice ice  water build up under the vegetable drawers! And a Microwave that turns on by itself and poses a potential Fire Hazard! My advice is to unplug this unit for your safety!! Samsung should be ashamed of themselves!

I have seen from the many posts that this issue affects many Microwaves over many years!! The problem will progress and eventually mine started cooking by itself, a clear fire hazard!!! This is a real defect that can cause people to lose their lives and property!  I repeat UNPLUG THIS UNIT!  I think the consumers need to get together and file a class action lawsuit gainst Samsung!! They are negligent, and they know that this issue has been happening for YEARS! 

IF anyone knows of an ongoing Class Action please let me know @ pvprod1@gmail.com. Please put Samsung Defect in Subject line.  I have ran across an Attorney who seems to have a class action against Samsung for Model SMH18165.  I am going to call to find out more since it seems Model#s doesn't matter with this issue! For anyone interested the name of the firm is Stefan Coleman 877-333-9427.  Don't waste your money fixing this defective product. It will do it again and again!!