cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Microwave automatically turns vent on and inputs numbers on its own- Model ME21M706BAS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this microwave November of 2017. Samsung - Model ME21M706BAS. For the last month my microwave has been inputing numbers on its own. Its usually a 3 or a 7. Its quite scary also because when the vent turns on, it turns on full blast. I'm afraid that the microwave is going to turn on, on its own one day. Is there a recall on this? Seems to be a lot of people with this same issue. I'm disappointed in this happening since it is still so new. 

I have unplugged and turned off the breaker. It did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave automatically turns vent on and inputs numbers on its own- Model ME21M706BAS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

​​​​Unit showing error codes for example:

• C-20, C-21, C-22 Error with Temp Sensor.

• E-24 Over Temperature Error

When too much heat is rising from the cooktop and the microwave could be damaged, the vent will automatically turn on to prevent damage. When this occurs, the vent cannot be turned off until the heat dissipates. If this occurs when there is no heat the unit will require service 

*Use the following link to find a list of service centers near that can do the in/out of warranty repair. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave automatically turns vent on and inputs numbers on its own- Model ME21M706BAS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've gotten you set for service.  The reference number is 4150728963.  The service center will follow up with you directly to schedule the appointment.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok. Thank you. When should I receive a call by? I have not gotten one yet.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Normally within a couple of business days. If you would like to contact Tekniton directly, their number is 704-846-0111.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's the real problem SamsungJam. This is a know issue with Samsung. I have the same problem with Model: ME21K7010DG/AA 

I am stuck with a know issue and it is frustrating. 

Within the first few months, I had the magic 7 and beep 6-8 times a day. Called before my warranty expired and Samsung replaced the door saying it was a known issue with a programming glitch. I was thrilled to have the annoyance gone. BUT NOPE, a few months later the magic 3 started appearing, same story different number. Just called customer service and Samsung will not stand by there replacement door which I have not even had a year. The rep states the warranty was on the old door not the new one. I am scratching my head how a new door with the same issue would not be under warranty for one year. Samsung you need to STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT.

I called the same business that replaced the original door. It would be less expensive to buy a new microwave than fix the one that has yet to be corrected. Something is wrong with this don't you think!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My microwave is no longer under warranty. They are going to replace and repair for free this one time onl. Based on what everyone is saying, it will happen again though. I hope it doesnt but I'm not feeling very hopeful.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I get help with this same issue??? I'm tired of my microwave waking me up in the middle of the night as if it's possessed!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is a computer programming issue.  I suggest returning it ASAP. I bought one and the door had to be replaced because the 7 problem. Samsung had a technician replace the door and guess what! New door does the same with the number 3. This time they won't fix it. Run as fast as you can and get rid of it. It is a known issue that Samsung is not standing behind.

Another idea is use the 1 year warranty to fix. Trust me it will beep again if it was the repair was not reprogrammed and call again within the same 1 year warranty. My warranty was almost up when I called so there was not time left to call again because Samsung is not standing behind a warranty for the new door.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue happening here, different model number-ME21K7010DG. How do I get in touch with someone at Samsung without doing a computer chat??

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Scroll above and click on "Samsung Jam". You should be able to message them. Give them some time, they should reply. They were pretty quick for me.