Original topic:

Microwave clock is losing time, running too slow

(Topic created: 05-04-2022 10:14 AM)
userAyH1mu4lwH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I saw another post/thread regarding this with several individuals sharing the same issue with no resolution and the thread appears to be "locked". I purchased an me19r7041fs microwave towards the end of 2021 along with a Samsung refrigerator and dishwasher. The clock on the microwave consistently loses 2-3 minutes per month. I have rebooted the microwave each month for 2 months and checked the voltage and frequency at the outlet (both within specifications. I contacted Samsung customer service and they advised me that they would setup a service call with a local contractor, but if they didn't find anything "defective" I would be responsible for the cost of the service call. I declined as I am not sure what they would be able to do and would probably give a "no problem found" and attempt to charge me. There is clearly an issue here that seems to be circuit board/chip related. I would appreciate some decent feedback. 

6 Replies
RedOregon
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Is there a 50hz/60hz setting anywhere near the power cable?
0 Likes
userAyH1mu4lwH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for the reply, but I don't remember a frequency switch. Here is an excerpt from the installation manual:

ELECTRICAL
REQUIREMENTS
Product rating is 120 volts AC, 60 Hertz. This product
must be connected to a supply circuit of the proper
voltage and frequency.

RedOregon
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Okay, just wanted to check. In dual voltage capable equipment that's a common issue.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! Thanks for bringing this up. I know how frustrating it can be to have a clock lose time. I recommend first verifying the microwave is plugged into it's own dedicated electrical circuit. Not having a dedicated circuit can cause the microwave to lose a small amount of time. You will also need to verify that the outlet is receiving 60Hz of power consistently, as this can also affect the clock's efficiency.

0 Likes
userAyH1mu4lwH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@Samsung_Moderator , I don't appreciate the form letter that confirms that no one is taking this seriously. In my original concern I mentioned that the power supply is sound and within specifications. I have never had an issue with ANY electronic, digital clock in my house losing time including the microwave that this one replaced that was on the same power supply for 20 years. If your products are that sensitive to slight +/- fluctuations in power, that too seems like a problem....yours. As a customer that recently purchased several appliances from you, please don't brush me off with a "form letter", it is insulting. It will be a shame (and a pain) to return this microwave for a problem that you had a chance to address, but elected not to.

userWZqVnvaIlm
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are having the same dang issue with ours as well and have done all the same kinds of troubleshooting that was recommended. Obviously they aren't interested in FIXING the actual issue but rather shift the blame to every customer that purchased it.... I think it is time to file a complaint with your local attorney general -- if multiple states get the same complaint, for the same model they track that and follow up with the manufacturer to get more answers than what they are giving us. It is clearly a violation to the consumer and they are acting in bad faith.

0 Likes