cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Microwave flashes random signals and fan starts by itself

I have a ME21K1070DG, ser. no. <hidden> microwave hat started flashing random numbers about 6 months ago along with "Press OK to Start".  When it first started I wuld just press cancel and it would be OK for a while.  The problem is becoming more consistent and the other  day the fan started by itself.  I now keep it unplugged when not in use.  I have seen numerous posts like this on the internet and was wondering if Samsung has suggested repairs for this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave flashes random signals and fan starts by itself

Hello there. Is the light on? Is the table-turning? Place a cup of water in the unit, is it heating? Does the door close properly?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, the microwave door closes properly and heats up stuff up.  I do need to keep it unplugged when not in use to avoid the sporatic displays and fan running on its own

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This is going to require service. Please send your email address to this PM Link, and we will look in to service options for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.