cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Microwave randomly resetting.

Our microwave randomly resets, like it lost power. This happens without notice when we open or close the door, or without even touching it.  Model MS14K6000AS

I am wondering if there is a fix or a recall for this. If not, we'll live with it till it dies.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave randomly resetting.

When you say that the unit resets, what exactly do you mean? Like the unit randomly turns on and off?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Microwave randomly resetting.

reset, meaning the clock resets to 12:00 and the beep sound is turned back on
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Re: Microwave randomly resetting.

How long have you had this unit? Do you stay in an area that has a lot of power outages? Has the unit been moved recently? If so, make sure all the wires are connected properly. Have you checked to make sure that the circuit breaker is not being tripped?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Microwave randomly resetting.

The unit is about a year old. Our area does have some brief power blips, but none have occurred at the same time as I have observed the system reset. The circuit is protected a GFI outlet and the circuit breaker has never tripped.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Microwave randomly resetting.

The next step would be service. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send me a private message with your full model code and serial number. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Highlighted
Astronaut

help me with how to private message you the info. The model # is shown on the initial post above
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Click on the link below and it will direct you to my private message.

----> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO