cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey, I would love to help out. Email me @frankollis25@gma...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would love to help out. Email me <HIDDEN>

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Microwave model ME21F707MJT runs anytime the door is closed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sm-g935p

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue - who should I contact?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello my over the range microwave is doing the same thing. No heating, but powering on by itself. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not been able to Use my OTR microwave for the last 3 years because of this issue.  I haven't been able to get it looked at yet and went out and bought a table top microwave until i could get mine looked at.  I originally talked to someone in customer service and they told me there was nothing they could do.  When i have the microwave plugged in there is nothing on the display and no power until I open the door, then the light comes on and the table starts to turn...I have had it unplugged since.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Microwave SMH1816S makes load noise when door open. Later cofrimed that the magnetron is operating cuasing a glass of water to get hot. I check all the door switches and they appear to "click" and operate fine. I seen by replacing the board this fixes this problem. Could you please confirm or provide any further troubleshooting suggestions. I'm worried about safety and fire, 

Constellation

Microwave ME21F606MJT won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: ME21F606MJT

Here is a list of problems that is going on.

Microwave does not turn off when timer reaches 0.
It will beep like it's done when timer reaches 0.
I can hear the magnetron turn off, but the light is still on, the turn table still spins, and the fan is loud and operating.

Hitting the Cancel button does not do anything
This a random reoccurring event, there is no perceived pattern to what triggers this.

Microwave turns on when the door is closed, yet there is no timer set.
If I open the door and close it, the light will turn on, the table will spin, and the fan will be loud.
Testing a cup of water and it does not change temperature when this happens (tested with a temperature gun)
While the door is closed, if I quick add 30 seconds and hit Start button, I can hear the magnetron turn on and the cup of water will heat.
Timer will reach 0, the magnetron will turn off, but everything else will stay on.

Hitting the Cancel button does not do anything
I have to open and close the door continuously and hope the entire microwave turns off.
This can be as little as 1 open and close cycles or 9 cycles. It seems very random.

Videos are located here:
Microwave does not turn off after 10 seconds
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4RyhwnAzaYfQ8Qa69

Microwave will start at 0 timer
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QsJWUUJn6kLA7Dtd9

Troubleshooting so far

• Unplugged microwave and waited 10 minutes until plugging back in
  • Cleaned the latch on the door and the strike plate/hole on the unit
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave ME21F606MJT won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Microwave ME21F606MJT won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with Samsung Microwave ME21F606MJT. 

I am seeing numerous instances of this issue across multiple Samsung microwaves.  Is there (or should there be) a recall for this issue, particularly since it appears to be a safety concern for an appliance unintentionally operating or failing to shut off?