Original topic:

Do i have to use my dishwasher a certain amount of times?

(Topic created: 07-23-2020 12:48 PM)
pvdoug
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I recently purchased a new Samsung dishwasher, model DW80R2031-US. I do not expect to use it very much. In fact, I probably would want to use it maybe once or twice a year. My question is: What is the optimal frequency of use so that I maintain the machine in good working order?

0 Likes
3 Replies
pvdoug
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Any answers to this question? I am sure I am not the only one that would ask Samsung this questions about their dishwashers.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is no "optimal" usage frequency specified for you dishwasher. If the unit will be unused for long periods of time, page 21 of the user guide does advise cleaning and draining all water from the unit to avoid damage to parts and seals.

pvdoug
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate that Samsung has a representative to solve our various issues. Unfortunately, all you seem to be capable of is quoting from the owner's manual. I have gone to other forums and the consensus appears to be that long-term non-use of a dishwasher is not good for the seals and the dishwasher  should be used a couple of times a month. If you find further information please advise.

0 Likes