cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Minimum Use of Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased a new Samsung dishwasher, model DW80R2031-US. I do not expect to use it very much. In fact, I probably would want to use it maybe once or twice a year. My question is: What is the optimal frequency of use so that I maintain the machine in good working order?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cosmic Ray

Re: Minimum Use of Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any answers to this question? I am sure I am not the only one that would ask Samsung this questions about their dishwashers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any answers to this question? I am sure I am not the only one that would ask Samsung this questions about their dishwashers.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no "optimal" usage frequency specified for you dishwasher. If the unit will be unused for long periods of time, page 21 of the user guide does advise cleaning and draining all water from the unit to avoid damage to parts and seals.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate that Samsung has a representative to solve our various issues. Unfortunately, all you seem to be capable of is quoting from the owner's manual. I have gone to other forums and the consensus appears to be that long-term non-use of a dishwasher is not good for the seals and the dishwasher  should be used a couple of times a month. If you find further information please advise.