cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRU8Uib5Xda
Constellation

Model 260BEAESR Ice Maker Constantly Freezing Up

My Samsung Model #RF260BEAESR ice maker is constantly freezing up. Resetting does not solve the problem. Only after emptying the refrigerator and unplugging (thawing out) for several hours will it begin to produce ice again. I paid $100 to a repairman to tell me that Samsung has an issue with this. Unless there is a solution to this other then doing what I have been doing I will never buy a Samsung product of any sort ever again. Samsung, will you stand behind your product?
5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Model 260BEAESR Ice Maker Constantly Freezing Up

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could you look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userRU8Uib5Xda
Constellation

I dont know what you mean by transaction number?  Please elaborate.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies but this is another name for a ticket number. Was the service completed by Samsung? 

userCZ6fLhzslq
Asteroid

Same problem here for 2yrs now. 1-800 number was clueless for a whole year until the warrantee ran out. Now I have to break off the ice every other day in the summer months and every week or so in the winter.

I paid over $7k for my kitchen set and am completely turned off by this Samsung debacle! 

userCZ6fLhzslq
Asteroid

@userRU8Uib5Xda wrote:
My Samsung Model #RF260BEAESR ice maker is constantly freezing up. Resetting does not solve the problem. Only after emptying the refrigerator and unplugging (thawing out) for several hours will it begin to produce ice again. I paid $100 to a repairman to tell me that Samsung has an issue with this. Unless there is a solution to this other then doing what I have been doing I will never buy a Samsung product of any sort ever again. Samsung, will you stand behind your product?

Same problem here for 2yrs now. 1-800 number was clueless for a whole year until the warrantee ran out. Now I have to break off the ice every other day in the summer months and every week or so in the winter.

I paid over $7k for my kitchen set and am completely turned off by this Samsung debacle!