Original topic:

Model #RF23M8090SR Ice Maker Stopped Making Ice

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 1:24 PM)
usereSXJi1V8lw
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

I'm aware of the hundreds of issues about the ice makers in this and other french door Samsung refrigerators.

My refrigerator was purchased Feb 8. 2018. Within months it began to have the issue of ice jamming up the unit to prevent ice flow, and following online advice, chiseling the ice jams out and manually defrosting has worked to this point, though the need to fix the ice maker in this way is usually required 1 or 2x/month -- not ideal for a new over $3000 unit! 

THE CURRENT ISSUE: The other day the ice had jammed again and I did the same as always. However, now the ice maker does not seem to be producing ice at all. I've felt up in there and don't feel an ice blockage. Frost is forming around the unit. Just an empty tray, however...though everything is turned on and the space for ice to fall is clear. The unit hasn't been moved and nothing changed to the water line, etc.

What are my next steps here to get ice back?

Thank you,

Richard Kahn

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqb0NIduMok
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

pls contact me as well re: service.  model RF23M8090SR/AA.  no wires hanging down.. need service on the ice maker.  horrible. 

0 Likes