cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Model RF28R7201SR ice maker dispenser flap continuously cycling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fridge was delivered in June, 2019. Periodically the ice maker flap in the door will cycle continously opening and closing. Nothing seems to reliably work to stop it, opening closing door, pushing ice/water dispenser buttons, tried everything i can think of. Unpluggin fridge waited close to a minute worked one time but not the next as soon as plugged it in flap begins cycling.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Model RF28R7201SR ice maker dispenser flap continuously cycling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Understood. If you would like us to monitor your service repair. you can send us a private message to the link below

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I ask who installed the fridge? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fridge was delivered and installed by Nebraska Furniture Mart. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

how much it cost you for the door?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like you are referring to the fan inside the ice maker. Is there any frost build up in the ice maker? What do you have the temperature set for the fridge and the freezer? 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No not a fan? There is a flap or door inside the fridge door. Under normal operation, when you dispense ice this flap will open, once you are done dispensing ice the door closes keeping cold air from leaking out of the ice dispensing shoot* (lol changed to shoot because normal spelling is not allowed?)

My issue is the flap will just begin opening and closing, sometimes after opening the door, sometimes after dispensing ice, sometimes just because? 

I have called Samsung and they have lined me up with a repairman. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Understood. If you would like us to monitor your service repair. you can send us a private message to the link below

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Was your issue resolved? Does it require a repairman? The noise made by the flap /cover is annoying.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi saw this earlier post and we are now experiencing the same issue with the ice "shoot" opening and closing continuously. We are expecting someone to look at in one week but as fo today 12/30/20 it won't stop moving no matter what we do including unplugging it for a while.  As soon as we plug it in it starts again. May I ask if you had a temporary fix or what was the final solution.  Its disgusting that Samsung denies knowing anything about this issue as we called them also. We were told that they heard of a couple of cases but not sure. We have had this refrigerator for like 15 months.  

thank you. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just need to take the plastic top cap off on the top of fridge and disconnect the power to the ice maker.  There are 3-4 wire harnesses up there, just disconnect each until you find the correct one.  

yhen wait for a new foot to come. It'll keep you from going insane listening to the flap.