JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Model RF28R7201SR ice maker dispenser flap continuously cycling

(Topic created on: 11/6/19 6:04 AM)
user74Pv2j3b5Z
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Fridge was delivered in June, 2019. Periodically the ice maker flap in the door will cycle continously opening and closing. Nothing seems to reliably work to stop it, opening closing door, pushing ice/water dispenser buttons, tried everything i can think of. Unpluggin fridge waited close to a minute worked one time but not the next as soon as plugged it in flap begins cycling.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userm7T91toGfu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I tried this and it still did not work! Help...it's driving me nuts and repairman cannot come for a week! 
what was the solution?? 

0 Likes
userDjMmmwjouw
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What ended up being the solution?  My refrigerator is doing the same thing?

user74Pv2j3b5Z
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userDjMmmwjouw wrote:

What ended up being the solution?  My refrigerator is doing the same thing?

First visit from repairman was a waste of time for both of us. I think he was expecting the typical ice maker problem, ordered parts (some type of circuit board on back of fridge and flap motor)

Week later installed parts, issue persisted. It was determined to be wiring inside the door (in between top of fridge by hinge and flap motor). Fix was to replace door which was done on 3rd visit, took roughly 4 weeks total.

user6cpY5jNEzj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for the info!! My RF22K9381SR was purchased in March 2019 and it started doing it once or twice when the door was opened in Nov/Dec 2019. (Thought it was telling me to replace the filter, but just a coincidence that had to be done as well) Now in Jan 2020 it started to do it continuously and wont stop. I also noticed the screen has gone out and none of the controls work on the front of fridge. Its like Chinese water torture going 24hrs a day. I called Samsung but repairman wont come for 2 days and they have a 1.5 star rating. $3000+ fridge and samsung is sending the bottom of the barrel for warranty repair.  Nice! Lets hope it doesnt take 4 weeks. 

0 Likes
user6cpY5jNEzj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did you get it fixed? How long did it take? Did they replace the door as well?

0 Likes
user74Pv2j3b5Z
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes it was fixed when they replaced the door, once they determined it was a short inside the door it took around 2 weeks for them to return with the door. In defense of the repairman and their company, they only travel to my town once a week and also one of those weeks was Thanksgiving.

None of the buttons/controls on the dispenser were responsive nor did the light in the drawer light up.

0 Likes
user2Dc8bXacrk
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My refrigerator developed the same issue today. This is 1-month old $3k RF28R7351SR model. Ice maker flap is continuously opening and closing. It generates torturing sound for people in the kitchen. I sent message to "SamsungTam" for door replacement ASAP, since I cannot endure this sound any more. Is there anyway to stop this before Samsung replies and replaces door?  

0 Likes
user12hOPggBdE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue.  Driving me crazy.  It is oddly loud and annoying.  Kept me up at night.  I did find a way to make it stop while I wait out the service repair man.

On the top of the fridge, there is a plastic cover on the front edge by the doors.  Remove the two screws and pop the top off.  On the top left of fridge,m there is a large wire harness. Disconnect this harness and it shuts down the motor for the flap and the water and probably everything else to do with the ice/water dispenser.

Finally quiet.  I swear my next fridge I will not get any electronics or water features.  They're parts always fail.  Ill even pass on the ice maker and resort to ice trays.  They never break,

0 Likes
user74Pv2j3b5Z
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I did the same thing I was hesitant to include that info as I didn't want to risk possibly voiding the warranty. I would reconnect the harness and put the screws back in each time before the repairman returned.
One of the repairman said he could not leave it disconnected because the flap that seals the doors together is heated to prevent frost buildup. He cautioned that if the frost builds up you could rip the seal off the right hand door when you attempt to open it??? After having it disconnected for a week already and not seeing any frost buildup, I disconnected it again before he ever got out of the driveway.

0 Likes
userr0ZpixDiVq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same thing is happening to me. Ice Make door is consistently cycling open and close. The noise is killing me ... please help. Fridge is not more than 6 months old. Bought it brand new from Best Buy and they installed it.

0 Likes