JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Model RF28R7201SR ice maker dispenser flap continuously cycling

(Topic created on: 11/6/19 6:04 AM)
user74Pv2j3b5Z
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Fridge was delivered in June, 2019. Periodically the ice maker flap in the door will cycle continously opening and closing. Nothing seems to reliably work to stop it, opening closing door, pushing ice/water dispenser buttons, tried everything i can think of. Unpluggin fridge waited close to a minute worked one time but not the next as soon as plugged it in flap begins cycling.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
25 Replies
userNS2FeEgGDn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Share more information on how you disconnected the motor for the flap. The noise is unbearing. I can't concentrate while working in the kitchen.

0 Likes
usert8wNgUqnq7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello

I believe I have a different model, but same issue. 
RF22N781SR/AA

i disconnected the harness as suggested, but still hearing the horrible noise!

any suggestions?

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hey, give this link a shot: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001032/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user8SU9XkSrAZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue. Bought one of these from Homedepot. The ice maker door opens and closes constantly. First problem was the installer didn't put the doors on corectly and now the ice maker is broken. The fridge is 2 months old and this is the second service call. I wish I could return it.

0 Likes
userpvAAUYavrE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having this same issue, also my family hub won't connect.  Can't troubleshoot and no idea who to call to fix this issue. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
userE742R7Xagr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I managed to resolve this (mostly) by removing the front control unit from the door of the fridge, and disconnecting the wire powering the motor on the flap. There's a good youtube video here explaining how to remove the control unit. You want to disconnect the square connect with three wires running through it, directed to the big motor that was spinning the white plastic oblong shape opening and closing the flap. Disconnecting that will stop the motor from working, leaving the flap sealed forever. I think the fridge will still make ice, but you cannot dispense it through the door. The water dispenser still works normally. Overall, only took five minutes and a phillips screwdriver, easier than I expected. I'd recommend this to anyone like me with an out-of-warranty fridge.

0 Likes