cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SUPA_FRANKY
Constellation

Model RF28R7351SR fridge right door wont stay open...

Just got this fridge (has showcase and metal cooling) and the left door when opened stays open. Allowing me to enter the fridge freely... But the right door will slowly close itself even when the shelf is empty (or full). This is unbearable when I need the fridge to stay wide open... Is this just my unit or do they all have this issue? Who wants a fridge that can't stay open?! 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Model RF28R7351SR fridge right door wont stay open...

It's possible this unit is not level properly and that is causing the door close after itself. To verify if the unit is leveled correctly, look underneath the fridge. Check to see if the leveling wheels are touching the floor. If the wheels are touching the floor, the unit is not leveled. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
SUPA_FRANKY
Constellation

Hmmmm not totally understanding. I see 2 wheels on the front used for moving it I believe. Those are on the grounds.... Also not sure why but there is some white plastic piece under the middle of the frdige rubbing the grounds....looks out of place 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Information on leveling can be found in the user manual here on pages 31-33: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201906/20190620132838693/FDR_AW3_FL_DA68-03833A-02_EN_M...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userMVql8tRheB
Asteroid

I am the original poster. The wheels are on the floor, however I followed the manual (before posting here) and it said to use a flathead screwdrive, insert into the leveler and twist. I did it on both sides, no movement. Doesn't matter how hard I try. You can kind of see the scratch marks I made on the leveler leg. I even watched a Samsung support video and theirs moved without issue. Mine is not moving at all.b4608316dd3ff8724b02146d9291f1d61c071aa7-1.jpgf2650ef9931402a417f9d4978711bd763834f574-1.jpg

userNJ88tk9BYp
Constellation

I have this same issue and out of all of this issues I have with this fridge this is the most annoying. I have tried leveling it and have even had an appliance repair person tell me it's level and there was nothing I could do about it. If I come up with a solution I'll be sure to pass along what I did.