cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user44br7D4vOo
Asteroid

My Ice Maker Fix (Water Pressure)

I've had my fridge for over a year and dreaded the stupid ice maker freezing up every other week after defrosting the ice bin over and over.  I've called Samsung and they did send a tech out that replaced some parts but again no help.  This time I did my own fix and it's been over a month and I have no issues and no defrosting (knock on wood).  So here is my fix.

1.  Go on youtube and watch the video on how to defrost the ice maker.  Very helpful!

2.  Get some silicone and seal the ice maker again there is a video on it.

3.  Here is the crazy part.  Go to your water line and turn if off completely.  Check water dispenser doesn't spurt out any water.

4.  Slowly turn back on the water but just a bit.   I have mine set where water doesn't splash out when I have ice in the cup but I do have to spend like 10 seconds to fill the cup.  Slower the better.

I believe my issue was the water pressure was set too high and cause water to over flow the ice trays.  I believe this is where the build up of ice is coming from.  Water splashing in the ice trays would drip down.  Do you get water when you press down on the ice dispenser?  That was my common problem when I would get ice.  It's not ice melting but excess water that flowed down from to much water coming out.

2 REPLIES 2
user44br7D4vOo
Asteroid

Re: My Ice Maker Fix (Water Pressure)

Please try this and let us

@user44br7D4vOo wrote:

I've had my fridge for over a year and dreaded the stupid ice maker freezing up every other week after defrosting the ice bin over and over.  I've called Samsung and they did send a tech out that replaced some parts but again no help.  This time I did my own fix and it's been over a month and I have no issues and no defrosting (knock on wood).  So here is my fix.

1.  Go on youtube and watch the video on how to defrost the ice maker.  Very helpful!

2.  Get some silicone and seal the ice maker again there is a video on it.

3.  Here is the crazy part.  Go to your water line and turn if off completely.  Check water dispenser doesn't spurt out any water.

4.  Slowly turn back on the water but just a bit.   I have mine set where water doesn't splash out when I have ice in the cup but I do have to spend like 10 seconds to fill the cup.  Slower the better.

I believe my issue was the water pressure was set too high and cause water to over flow the ice trays.  I believe this is where the build up of ice is coming from.  Water splashing in the ice trays would drip down.  Do you get water when you press down on the ice dispenser?  That was my common problem when I would get ice.  It's not ice melting but excess water that flowed down from to much water coming out.

know if this works for some you with ice maker issues!

userceiafvrcTt
Asteroid

With how much this fridge cost me, I should NOT have to d...

With how much this fridge cost me, I should NOT have to do this! It's like having to jumpstart a Mercedes everyday! Or having to use your hand to move the windshield wipers back and forth on a Porsche! No! They need to fix this!