cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

My Samsung StormWash Dishwasher isn't spinning it's arms and not rinsing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I have a Samsung StormWash Dishwasher: DW80K5050UG, and over the last few months the cleaning cycle has been a bit louder, but this morning we ran it and started smelling a burning smell. We stopped the cycle, and I manually emptied the water in the dishwasher. i cleaned up some debris below the bottom  spinner, and filter, and now the spin arms aren't spinning for the top or bottom rack. I can hear clicking as if an electrical component was trying to run but then stopped. I can run cyles, and the basin will fill with some water, and the drain pump will pull the water out still at the end of the cycle, but the spin arms are still in the same position as at the beginning of the cycle and I dont hear any water coming through them.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My Samsung StormWash Dishwasher isn't spinning it's arms and not rinsing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This type of issue would require service depending on the warranty you have a few options to choose from: 

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use the following link to find a service center in your area:https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, do you see any error codes or flashing lights on the dishwasher? Also how long have you had this dishwasher? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks SamsungCaleb. I have had this dishwasher just over 2 years. No error codes are flashing unfortunately. At present, my best guess is that either the capacitor went bad or the circulation pump, or both. Is there a part list/ is there a good way to confirm the parts for those if i were to order them? I used a pretty basic multimeter on the capacitor and did not show any signs of life. But I also don't know if I needed a multimeter for microfarads to pick up a reading on this scecific capactor.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This type of issue would require service depending on the warranty you have a few options to choose from: 

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use the following link to find a service center in your area:https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in original post