Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My microwave ME18H704SFS runs anytime the door is closed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear that, can you send us a private message with full serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For other that might be having this issue:

Mine has the same issue. My model is SMH1713S. It started doing it years ago. I'm technically inclined so I looked into it. It seems the relay switch in the control panel that engages the magnatron is faulty and tend to gets stuck in the "on" position. I found a flat palmed smack on the panel is a good temporary solution. However, don't rely on this long term because if you leave your food unattended it can be dangerous. I never got around to fixing it myself but the problem has been more frequent so I am in the process of doing so.

TLDR:
Give it a good smack as a temporary fix, then get it fixed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well reading all these issues doesn't give me a whole lot of reassurance but our microwave is now doing the same thing. If door is closed it just keeps running. Currently unplugged. Only been installed for about 2 years. Model ME18H704SFS

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience that has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message so that we can look into this for you. LINK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, today my house almost went on fire after the microwave started running by by itself with a box of donuts inside. Glad I was at home, and the smoke and the smell made me run to the kitchen, this is a serious issue with this microwave.   Now waiting to see how can this be solved. 
Model ME18H704sfs 

serial No <hidden>

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your email address so that we may look into this for you? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours is doing samething.  Would think Samsung would correct this problem with there being so many complaints on same issue. I truely believe this could be a fire hazard? If someone walked away not hearing the buzzing sound for many hours it could catch fire easily? The inside gets so hot you can not touch the glass plate and, it only took seconds for it to get that hot? I can imagine if left over night? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKwyb3Efslx I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My microwave is doing the same thing. Model HE18H704SFG. Lound humming noise witht the door closed. Is there a fix out there?? I havent been able to find much on the web. What I did find seems to be pointing at the magnatron.