cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My microwave ME18H704SFS runs anytime the door is closed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My microwave runs whenever the door is closed - for no reason. The microwave was installed new in a new kitchen in summer 2015. This seems to be a common problem and very dangerous. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: My microwave ME18H704SFS runs anytime the door is closed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly repairs would be recommended. I can't make any guarantees, but I'd be happy to look into this to see if I can help. Mind shooting me a message here with your serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly repairs would be recommended. I can't make any guarantees, but I'd be happy to look into this to see if I can help. Mind shooting me a message here with your serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same issue with my microwave model ME18R704SFS.  it makes a constant humming/buzzing sound and it is not being used.  i open the door and it feels hot inside.  im concerned about a fire hazard so i just unplugged it.   i want to know if it is worth repairing it or just getting a new one.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My microwave is running all the time, I heard the motor working on the back and the dish gets super hot... I just unplugged to avoid any issues..I purchase my microwave at Lowe's, I have the manual and receipt (2/04/16) $249.00 Model# ME18H704SFS

Please let me know if there is a solution.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, today my house almost went on fire after the microwave started running by by itself with a box of donuts inside. Glad I was at home, and the smoke and the smell made me run to the kitchen, this is a serious issue with this microwave.   Now waiting to see how can this be solved. 
Model ME18H704sfs 

serial No <hidden>

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My microwave ME18H704SFS runs anytime the door is closed as well.  I am very concerned it could be a fire hazard!  It is currently unplugged.  Please advise.  Thank you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am now having this same problem with my microwave.  Model ME 18H704SFS

We've only had this microwave for about 18 months.