JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My refrigerator ice dispnser Flap keeps opening and closing

(Topic created on: 7/27/20 8:59 PM)
userfTix0HDB4B
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My refrigerator is less than 1yr old.  The ice dispenser flap started nonstop running, but it was off and on.  I called the service and still have a few days to have someone.  
But now it started continuously flapping.  It won't stop!!!   I turned off the power and backed on, it still cyclying.  Driving me crazy.   
Is there anyway I can turn off or reset this ice dispenser area??   I can't have my refrigerator doing this until the service person comes. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userJeUe5pvlwi   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
userJeUe5pvlwi
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine is doing the same, fridge is less than 2 months old.  Very frustrated, if this happened only 2 weeks ago I could have purchased a warranty.  Hopefully still covered under manufacturers warranty.

0 Likes
userfTix0HDB4B
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It will be covered.  You have a 1 yr manufature warranty from the purchase date.
Now I am waiting for the door replacement in a few days.   
hurry up and call the service, that one will never stop.  

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userJeUe5pvlwi   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

IntrepidUSA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue with a RSG309AARS/XAA model from 2013, just started today...anyone have a solution? Or just to stop the flap from opening and closing?

0 Likes
userfTix0HDB4B
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You need to get that door replaced.  That's the only solution.   I had mine replaced as others had said too. 

0 Likes
userFyhL9BcyIP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have same problem (RF28JBEDBSR/AA).  I had to unplug a connector inside control panel (snap fit).  I still need a permanent solution.  Thanks

0 Likes