Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My refrigerator not making ice and leaking at the filter

Model # RFG296HDRS/XAA

S/N <hidden>

My top ice maker hasn't been working for a long time.  I have leak coming from the filter, it's a slow leak and in weeks it would runs to the floor.  I would have to clean it up and get it all wiped and dry up.  And over night or days, it would start to leak out again.  Please help someone, a new filter unit is very costly and I haven't got to my top ice maker just yet.  Seems like for the price of a new top ice maker and filter unit, I can just go buy me another fridge.  Is this common among Samsung fridge?  

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My refrigerator not making ice and leaking at the filter

Oh no, I hope there are no damages to your unit or the floor. Samsung recommends that you change your water filter every 6 months. If the filter is not changed within the last 6 months it will cause the ice maker to not work properly and water leaks.

Also, Make sure that the unit is leveled:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My refrigerator not making ice and leaking at the filter

No, unfortunately. My filter is inside the unit. I've looked to see if I can fix it but there's no fix. The filter assembly must be replace. The ice maker however, there is no fix I'm afraid, other than replace the whole ice maker unit. So annoying, lucky for me, I have a second ice maker in the bottom freezer.