Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Airing my kitchen out thanks to our new Samsung stove about burning down my house with kids in it. 

HOLY FIRE!! This is the fourth incident in 4 months. My 10 year old bumped a knob microwaving popcorn and started a fire on the stove top. 

Then I search the web and find this???? I can't believe you haven't done anything Samsung!! 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full serial number and model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had contractors here this week and caught on fire the covering that was on the stove by bumping it.  I have also had items catch on fire with the dogs where my husband walked in and thankfully caught.  Has there been a resolution to fix this problem with the stove??

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

i just had this same problem happen to me the other night. Thankfully I caught it before anything happened. Has there been a resolution to this problem?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NE58F9500SS/AA  ----  I have the same unit and am getting a burning smell when I use the oven. CAN YOU MESSAGE ME WITH THE CLASS ACTION INFO PLEASE

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userX8BLCS3ART,

Odors or smoke during first-time use: 

The oven may have a faint, gas-like odor when it's first opened from the box due to its plastic packaging and protective oil coating. This is normal and the following steps can reduce the smell before the oven is used for the first time:

Make sure all plastic and packing material is removed from the oven. (The oven racks may be bundled with plastic zip ties.)

Make sure the area is well ventilated.
Run a bake cycle at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
This burns off the protective oils and grime from the production process and will produce an unpleasant smell and possibly smoke.

Odors or smoke during self-cleaning: 

Note: Always open a window and/or turn on a ventilation fan when using the Self Clean function.

It is normal for smoke and unusual odors to occur during self-cleaning. This is due to residue being burned off inside the oven.

Odors or smoke during normal use: 

Note: If smoke or unusual odors occur during normal use, immediately open a window and/or turn on a ventilation fan.

Inspect the oven cavity for any spills that may have not been cleaned up. As whatever spilled begins burning, it can let off smoke and/or an unusual odor. Clean the spill to resolve this issue. (If the residue is cooked on, use the Self Clean or Steam Clean function.)

If the unusual odor or smoke comes from the oven when it is completely clean, service is required.

If you have any questions or concerns you are welcome to send us a private message with your serial number so that we can look into this for you. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK