Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userqmrOrORNMG
Asteroid

NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've seen the complaints about how easily the knobs will turn with the slightest bump and I've experienced them first hand.  Luckily we've caught all the melting plastic and burning cardboard before it's gone too far.   I think a class action lawsuit is not out of the question... that is unless Samsung initiates a recall very soon.  Absolutely unacceptable.   Every website I check that sells this range has many reviews supporting this same issue.   Anyone on board??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userBfV3HEgc19
Astronaut

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happens to me. I try to be careful around the controls, but I've had two fires. It's got to the point to where I leave the circut breaker off unless I absolutly need the stove. Following some very frustrating calls to Samsung they sent over a serviceman.  His only suggestion was that I get some childproof covers such as what you see online. Not really what I was looking for when I bought the stove, and I'm not even convinced they would work. There really should be a recall and newly designed installed. I'm going to be calling whatever consumer protection agencies I can find to file complains.

83 REPLIES 83
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information from you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userqmrOrORNMG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What information can I provide?

userqmrOrORNMG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply. How do I respond exactly?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can privately message any user by visiting their profile and clicking on the private message button. But for quickness, you can reach us mods here: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us that information as soon as you can.  

userbWzq2OwDQW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the broken range knob club (the original knobs, and the replacements have broken).  All that customer service has suggested is paying $200+ dollars for a new set.  Completely unacceptable response.  Do let me know if you're going forward with the class action suit.  The inherently dangerous knob issue itself, and Samsung's complete failure to address it, seem to deserve such an approach.

userkT9ZPDTKBS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had multiple fires and melted plastic on my stove due to this defect. The nearly new stove is already damaged due to burning. I found this thread looking for a class action lawsuit. If there is not one to join then I will reach out to an appropriate law firm that specializes in this area and we can start one. I have been part of many class action suits and this one is a slam dunk. We need compensation for what we have gone through and the damage that has been done. We also need this appliance to be made safe. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userKA2itCsEv9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a message? I am having the same issues. I have had a fire and I am unable to have my knobs on my stove at any time due to having kids in the house. one small bump and the stove turns on. This was not cheap and it has already caused over $100 in damages. Please help.