cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You aren't the only one. Here's our story: Oven either (1) does not heat to set temperature, (2) heats to set temperature and then heat drops to barely warm, or (3) overheats to the point that the oven door is locked with a 'too hot' error message and will not turn off/cool down unless we turn the power off at the electrical panel. The entire outside of the oven - door handle, control panel, etc., becomes too hot to touch. It also appears that the broiler comes on during the Bake Only setting because once the oven cooled down after the power was cut, there was still an extreme amount of heat coming from the top element. Almost ordered a replacement with Thanksgiving so close until I started researching and found this was not a fluke but a real issue other people are having. Apparently there is a class action investigation I came across in trying to find a solution - follwing up with them may be my only option as Samsung service offers no help. We purchased this range from Lowes in 2017. Manufacture date was October 2016 for this glass top electric slide in range Model # NE58F9500SS.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had issues with my hip slightly hitting knob and it turning to HIGH and burning whatever was on top.  One time it melted the legs of a rice cooker that was on top and started a fire.  
Now I have where the touchscreen is completely off and no way to turn over on.  It won't 'wake' when I touch the wake up part of the screen.  Any solutions for this?  Any class action suits? I want in.  Paid way too much for this oven to have issues like these

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2 fires within 1 month of each other.  The frist was our cat jumping on the counter and bumping the stove knob.  This happened 2AM.  If my wife were not such a light sleeper and smelled it before the smoke detector went off this would have been much much worse.  The second occurance was just yesterday, we came home to find that our dog had bumped the knob and the eye was glowing red hot on high when we arrived at home.  Besides losing our house we could have lost 4 pets to a house fire.

Please send me information for a class action law suit.

Samsung what are you doing to solve this design defect?  This stove is too dangerous!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happens to me. I try to be careful around the controls, but I've had two fires. It's got to the point to where I leave the circut breaker off unless I absolutly need the stove. Following some very frustrating calls to Samsung they sent over a serviceman.  His only suggestion was that I get some childproof covers such as what you see online. Not really what I was looking for when I bought the stove, and I'm not even convinced they would work. There really should be a recall and newly designed installed. I'm going to be calling whatever consumer protection agencies I can find to file complains.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so scared!  We moved into our new home 8-12-2017 and in a months time we have accidentally turned the knobs a dozen times.  I have tween girls who bake and any time them or I reach for something we have a burner turn on.  I luckily only burnt myself once.  Today our trash can lid was somehow transferred to the top of the stove and low and behold melted.  Luckily we hadn't left the house!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard-added concerns

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you had issues with controls? Watch Out!!!

My review on HD-

Very Dangerous!!!!

October 30, 2017-installed and in use for about a month.

Only a matter of time before you hear of a recall because someone lost everything or worse.

You can turn on the oven or other functions by touching the control panel with the tip of a wet rag lightly brushing it. I was even able to turn it on with an edge of damp paper towel and the part of the paper towel I was holding was dry.

Impossible to clean the control panel with a damp rag as it with turn on controls-some are stove top related-not just oven.

They should have put a couple second timer on touching the controls like they have on the oven lock. I had a tech come out and told me I'm stuck with this dangerous stove.

If you don't want your food to boil over, set to lo-all the way. Lowest you can get it. You might luck out.

Aluminum pan put a scratch in glass top.

Filler for back of countertop could have been wider to match that of the glass top width. If your installer doesn't have the floor locking bracket within a 1/4" or less, you will have a space at the back of the stove and counter. The space between my cabinets is 30", so it is not an issue my end. See pics attached below.

I suppose because of all the hypersensitive digital controls they have installed, they have to keep the oven cool, so it blows right at you if your are cooking on the stove top. Installing it in the back to then be taken out of the house via oven range vent would have made too much sense.

I should go to college and get an engineering degree. I'd probably quit because I would have to design products that break down in a certain amount of time to keep the market and landfills full.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard-added concerns

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the same response I received from Samsung.  They ask you to send model and serial # as if they are going to do something.  They call and ask if there was any damage or injuries.  Say they will schedule service call to see if the knobs are too easy to turn!  As if that is going to help anything.  They recommend knob covers but will not supply or reimburse.  It seems like they are not going to do anything until someone gets killed in a fire from this issue.  And then they may do nothing.  

With any luck there will be an attorney who sees these posts and intiates the long overdue class action lawsuit.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone started a class action? I want in on this. I had just walked in from grocery shopping and somehow knocked the knob and a whole bag of groveries melted to the stove. so sad to see. I spent a lot of money on this to have so many problems. The inside power cords burnt and sparked and could have caused a fire and my stove top cracked and glass shards flew as i was cooking one night. they simply asked if anyone was hurt then replaced the top. now they want me to buy replacement cords for the stovetop. My house could have burnt down!