JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

(Topic created on: 11/6/17 7:13 PM)
userqmrOrORNMG
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've seen the complaints about how easily the knobs will turn with the slightest bump and I've experienced them first hand.  Luckily we've caught all the melting plastic and burning cardboard before it's gone too far.   I think a class action lawsuit is not out of the question... that is unless Samsung initiates a recall very soon.  Absolutely unacceptable.   Every website I check that sells this range has many reviews supporting this same issue.   Anyone on board??

141 Replies
userBJTcomqqXH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My review on HD

Very Dangerous!!!!

October 30, 2017-installed and in use for about a month.

Only a matter of time before you hear of a recall because someone lost everything or worse.

You can turn on the oven or other functions by touching the control panel with the tip of a wet rag lightly brushing it. I was even able to turn it on with an edge of damp paper towel and the part of the paper towel I was holding was dry.

Impossible to clean the control panel with a damp rag as it with turn on controls-some are stove top related-not just oven.

They should have put a couple second timer on touching the controls like they have on the oven lock. I had a tech come out and told me I'm stuck with this dangerous stove.

If you don't want your food to boil over, set to lo-all the way. Lowest you can get it. You might luck out.

Aluminum pan put a scratch in glass top.

Filler for back of countertop could have been wider to match that of the glass top width. If your installer doesn't have the floor locking bracket within a 1/4" or less, you will have a space at the back of the stove and counter. The space between my cabinets is 30", so it is not an issue my end. See pics attached below.

I suppose because of all the hypersensitive digital controls they have installed, they have to keep the oven cool, so it blows right at you if your are cooking on the stove top. Installing it in the back to then be taken out of the house via oven range vent would have made too much sense.

I should go to college and get an engineering degree. I'd probably quit because I would have to design products that break down in a certain amount of time to keep the market and landfills full.

0 Likes
userBJTcomqqXH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Sorry, my range is model #

NE58K9430SS

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
DunhamFamily
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have the same model and have had 5 issues with fire, melted belongings, etc. The previous owners purchased the unit in May 2015 and included it when we purchased our home in March 2016 - and we understand why now!!

0 Likes
usernD5LX8E0hS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue with the NE58K9430SS slide-in range.  I purchased it in September, 2016.  Very shortly after that, without realizing it, I had accidently bumped one of the knobs on the stove while leaning across the counter top and the burner turned on.  I did not realize the burner was on until I smelled the pan on that burner burning.  I have small children and this is a very scary situation.   I am diligent about locking the control panel to prevent the oven from turning on with a slight touch to the panel, but the lock does nothing for the knobs/burners.  For the last year, with my BRAND NEW range, I remove all the knobs from the range and store them in a drawer.  This is unacceptable and something needs to be done to fix this obvious design flaw with this range.

I have spoken with technical support about this and their response is that this is simply how the range is designed and there is nothing they can do to fix it.  

Like all the other complaints on this same topic, this is a fire hazard and if something is not done to remedy these ranges, there undoubtedly will be huge losses of homes and possibly lives.

0 Likes
usernD5LX8E0hS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Attached is a picture of how my NE58K9430SS range looks in my kitchen when I am not using it.  

0 Likes
TiffanyBoscan
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is there a class action lawsuit that has started about this? I bought my NE58K9500SG in June 2017. It is now November 2017 and I can't tell you how many times the knobs have turned uniintentionally but luckily we have always caught it. This morning it must have turned on while getting lunches ready. There was a pot of soup on the eye. When we got home, our home was filled with smoke and there is a black pot full of ashes. If we were an hour later, the house would have caught on fire. I want to take action IMMEDIATELY. Please let me know if any action has been taken yet. This is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and obviously a common and known problem. Tiffanyboscan@gmail.com

userJHYBoadUY0
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I woke up to our smoke alarm screaming and the house filled with smoke. The cord from coffee pot had fallen across the burner and my son accidently bumped the knob on.  Cord was burnt thru and flames shooting up.  I've ruined countless cords and pot holders from this very poorly designed stove.  Seems Samsung would issue a recall.  It was an expensive stove and am angry we have to replace it after only a couple years of use.  Anyone got any results from contacting Samsung?

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Could you send us a private message with you full model and serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user0CvBGJQbsr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have had this Stove for a few months as well and the burners have been turned on serveral times. At first we though is was us. Last night my teenage daughter almost burnt the house down by bumping the knob while using the microwave above. I just found this thread and it says RESOLVED. But I cannot find any resolution from Samsung only more complaints.   I just called and emailed the US Product safety commision. https://www.cpsc.gov/

Samsung needs to issue a product recall or end up with another Galaxy Note nightmare.