cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had fire and smoke damage too, scarey.  We pull the knobs off or shut the breaker.  real nice.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is what we do too, totally unaccepable.  Samsung should be accountable.

@userPcDMbseTvo wrote:

I had fire and smoke damage too, scarey.  We pull the knobs off or shut the breaker.  real nice.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get this issue resolved? Will there be a recall? I am having the same issue, and have burned or melted several items already - luckily no one in my family and none of my guests have been injured, but this dangerous fire hazard is a terror and a liability.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me, too. We thought we might actually lose our whole house from the huge kitchen fire caused by the knob issue!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find a "private message" button when I clicked your profile, just badges and other threads you're involved in.  

Model # NE58K9500SG

Serial number # unknown: I'm at work, I can check when I get home.

Purchased on 11/26/2016. Ordered/special delivered.

Lowe's

Store Number: 2955

1200 North Muldoon

Anchorage AK 99504

Phone Number: (907) 269-2400

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve been having the same issue for 2 years!!  The knobs on the front of this range are so dangerous. Countless number of times they have somehow tuned on, but just walking by or something bumping them. We have had several fires...pizza box caught on fire, melted by pressure cooker, melted Tupperware and just the other day a kitchen towel!!  This is unacceptable!!  I have a 5 year old and 7 year old and this is scary. I’m to the point now that I keep my breaker off too. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7O0foaRvBq: Can you send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe in order to gather more information? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: NE597R0ABSR Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my second stove same make same model which has caused a serious electrical fire in the oven. This one almost caused me to get to get burnt because when I opened the oven it caught on fire. I was lucky Enough to pull my hands back and shut the oven quickly. I had to go downstairs and shut the breaker off. My house was filled with smoke.  I was thankful enough that  this didn’t happen when one of my kids opened the oven themselves. I’m very surprised that there is not a recall on the stove. If anyone has experience this  please send a response. I am in the process of filing a complaint with consumer protection. The model of this electronic range is NE597R0ABSR

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NE597R0ABSR Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userQ396zGlMNB I am sorry to hear this. I do hope that there was no injury to anyone. I would be happy to investigate this. Can you please drop a Private Message Here with the serial number of the unit as well as the following: 

Full Name

Physical address

Email address

Best contact phone number

Alternative phone number (If available)

Place of purchase