Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userUXDNUmv4fj I'm glad everyone is ok! Could you send a private message so we can get additional information to escalate this for you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve had the exact same issue.  Apparently, someone bumped a knob and turned on the stovetop while I was outside with a group of people. Fortunately, my son walked in and noticed the melting plastic and threw it outside before my house burned down. This IS A MAJOR ISSUE and I’m absolutely willing to join or sponsor a class action if Samsung doesn’t step up and address this issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been dealing with my stove for two years and it's almost caused at least six fires. have they found a way to remake the knobs so that they don't turn as easy? You barely have to touch the stove whether somebody lean against it or lean over it and they turn on and start burning things up. Also the controls easily come on on the touch screen just by your belly the sensitivity seems to be really high even through clothing. Also there is not a lock button while the other is running so children can get into it that's not a huge deal for me but just something that I've noticed. Has anyone heard anything back yet? because literally if it wasn't for smoke alarms we probably would have lost our house several times this needs to be addressed

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was there a recall or fix from Samsung? We have lost a slow cooker and I have had my finger burned when a knob was lighty bumped and the burner turned on high. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having problems with the knobs on my range. They turn so easily. Today I walked into the house and 1 burner was on high. I had no idea it had been turned on, nor how long it had been on. I was the only one in the house, so it must have been me who bumped it. This was not the first time I've accidentally turned on the burners. Lickily, the other times I noticed before I had left the house. I am VERY concerned about the fire hazard this poses. Is there a recall? Is there a modification that will make it so you actually have to push in and then turn the knobs?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our unit is fairly new purchased 11-27-15.  I now have this problem or very similar.  The rotary swtich is defective and the range top burner will not turn off unless you giggle the swtich!  Fire hazard plus possible electric shock from a short circuited swtich.   Sansung needs to recall before someone gets hurt. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhoQTjVKcR2    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I must take off all my knobs and only put them on when needed

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungJustin:
The Dish repair technician just left.
As you will see from his report, the problem is not a Repair problem, but rather a Design issue.
For what it's worth, I spent almost 50 years in the Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and Repair field.
This problem, if not resolved, will lead to fires and possible loss of life. The modification needed can be as simple as a Lock Button on the knobs that prevents them from being pushed without pressing the Lock button first. Not a big expensive modification for Samsung, simply a change in the knobs design that can be mailed to every customer without the need for a technician visit. I'm guessing that would be much less costly to Samsung than a single loss of life suit!
Please let me know when a revision is made.
Respectfully,
Kevin

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My house has to be gutted because of a fire started by this range yesterday morning. We lost our 2 puppies in the fire. I have had several issues bumping the knobs and I caught it every time until yesterday. The fire inspector could tell that the fire started through one of the right burners, but was unable to determine what caused the burner to turn on. The assumption was made that I may have bumped a knob as I was leaving the house. In just 30 minutes, after I left, the fire department arrived, but it was much too late.

We are fortunate that we were not home, but the amount of guilt I feel for my sweet puppies is overwhelming and unbearable. Shame on Samsung for continuing to sell a product with such a design flaw.

2D9D3EB3-8CB4-4613-B0B1-E26477D78209.jpeg

A5D718F5-4A6F-4E74-B1C8-643F8726C406.jpeg