cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had a kitchen fire this weekend when somehow the stovetop turned itself on. We were reorganizing the kitchen cupboards and placed a plastic tub on the stovetop as all counters were full. The stove had not been used that day and was cold and off. Suddenly only seconds later, the tub had melted and contents were ablaze with huge flames catching towels, - anything nearby and flammable !

My husband turned on the kitchen sink spray while I got our fire extinguisher- and we put out the huge blaze; the melted toaster oven, burns on the floor and small items incenerated . Hours of cleaning by us and then a crew brought in. The house still smells of smoke.

This stovetop has been a problem since we purchased it. Simply walking normally near the stove causes the dials to drift - from small burner low to double burner high, etc. Several times we were certain we had clicked the large front burner OFF, and then  to see it on high moments later. 
A real fire hazard I want out of my house! Unsafe!!!!!!!!! Should be recalled.

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number from the range to this PM Link, and we will look in to this for you.


Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.





Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree 100%. 

I've had the stove for a little of a month and this has happened so many times, i called them today.  They told me I could call their Parts dept and I could purchase knob locks.

It is rediculous.  It is a design flaw that they should rectify.

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have had multiple problems with these knobs.  Most of the time I have caught the burners before they have gotten out of hand.  Several dishes have been shattered because they have gotten so hot.  I have also had pizza boxes on fire, as well as plastic melted to the burners.  This is a very poor design and Samsung should be making it right with people before something serious happens.  

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your serial number via private message?







Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.





Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Airing my kitchen out thanks to our new Samsung stove about burning down my house with kids in it. 

HOLY FIRE!! This is the fourth incident in 4 months. My 10 year old bumped a knob microwaving popcorn and started a fire on the stove top. 

Then I search the web and find this???? I can't believe you haven't done anything Samsung!! 

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full serial number and model number? 


Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.





Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Reply
Loading...