Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NE58F9500SS Range fire hazard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Joined this forum to see if Samsung going to fix this.  I called after second "California" from over sensitive stove knobs.

So far nothing but LIP service from Samsung.  Waiting to join class action but going to bug Lowes about returning this 6 month old fire hazard.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a few close calls in just 2 weeks in our new home I started looking for a solution. I think I found a simple hack that helps a lot but I may improve on it. Simply pull off each knob, remove each weight from inside the knob, flip the weight around and refasten the screws. This helps immensely on the sensitivity of the knobs and has a gritty sound when they do turn  giving the user a little reminder that the knob is turning. If I have anymore close calls I will be putting a spacer (washers) behind the weights adding even more resistance to the knobs. Samsung you need to develop this yourselves! A new knob that has a stronger spring and more turning resistance would be simple fix and we would pay money for it to save our families and homes!!! If insurance companies knew about these ovens they would drop us. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

8.5 months pregnant and a fire just started because of how easy it is to turn on  must have bumped the knob at some point! How is this going to be solved?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriK6V2Gji0T, Please send us a private message to the link as soon as you can with the model and the serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

im in same issue

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFANnNy5wXn Can you please send me a private message with your full model number and serial number?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happens here. I’m going to call Samsung about this problem. It happened when my granddaughter leaned against it and the burner turned on. Enough is enough!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happens here. I’m going to call Samsung about this problem. It happened when my granddaughter leaned against it and the burner turned on. Enough is enough!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Our house just almost burned down because of this very problem. I'm so mad and shaking as I write this. Flames almost engulfed our cabinets. If it wasn't for my 6 year old running to get me, our house would still be burning right now. Something needs to be done. These are extremely dangerous!