Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user8gaQ3UeJMz
Constellation

NE58F9710WS Flex duo slide-in oven

JUMP TO SOLUTION

DO NOT BUY THIS RANGE?  THIS IS A FIRE  HAZARD!   I just put another fire out on my stove. Ash and smoke have filled my home. I had walked by it and must have slightly bumped the knob and turned it on.  I've had 3 fires and many times the stove has inadvertently turned on.  I keep all of the knobs off until I am ready to use the stove.  The repair man from Samsung came out today (01/17/2016)  He told me that Samsung is aware of this issue and will not do anything about it.  He said that many costumers have been burnt with this range.

His advice to me was, "Get a lawyer and sue Samsung!"  Then he left!  I can't believe he told me that.

SAMSUNG NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS FIRE HAZZARD

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NE58F9710WS Flex duo slide-in oven

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8gaQ3UeJMz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have all of my receipts, I have contacted Samsung and they refuse to do anything, maybe when my house burns down, they will listen! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user8gaQ3UeJMz, Please send us a private message so that we can get your information and look into this.  

usermTS3LxhsAX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user3e99x0Xljl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

we just had a significant fire in my house last weekend becuse of this very issue.  It had happened many times before in the few short months we've had this stove, but this time it must have happened right as we were running out the door. Both the insurance adjuster and our fire restoration contractor said the fact we had tile behind the cook top was th eonly thing that kept the house from burning down (and killing our dogs).  We are out of our house for 4-6 weeks and the estimated cleanup and restoration costs (not including hotel stay and incadentals) is $30k-$40k.  This is a very dangerously designed product.  It would be so easy to have made these knobs harder to accidently turn on.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information James, I have this set up under transaction number 5117641925. You will be receiving a call from our specialized team within 24 hours to discuss. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Vildana
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had 4th fire in my home. The knobs are so badly designed. I am so scared to have anybody new in the house ho does not know how easy the knobs turn. Please send me information where and how to solved this problem or where to file complaint 

userAs8ypDma1L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the glass top stove/oven along with all other Samsung appliances. When the oven is on the control panel becomes way too hot. The second time I used the broil setting it burned out the thermostat and now the stove won't even turn on. I suggest you not only don't buy the oven but stay away from all Samsung appliances. My fridge broke a month after purchase. They need to stick to tv's and get out of the appliance game. $270 to replace the thermostat. Absolute garbage!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAs8ypDma1L: Oh no! Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?