JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NX58K7850SS Gas range knob won't turn.

(Topic created on: 10/13/20 2:55 PM)
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung gas range NX58K7850SS that has 5 knobs on the front.  One of the knobs will not turn to ignite.  It pushes in slightly as do the others but won't turn.  Range has been used maybe 10 times.

userM5aSk1TxLA
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How do we fix this if everyone is having s as n issue?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This will require service for the range. If you will send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, we will look in to service options for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userCNd7afIBOy
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, This is my 2nd samsung product issue in the last 1 month.I unfortunately trusted Samsung brand and brought all my appliances samsung. I bought this Samsung gas range model no NX58H5600SS (brought 12/18/2014) and gas know didnt turn after it was on. upon careful examination and google search found out the knobs due to bad design are all cracked and loose the retention to turn.  first of all this should be designed correctly .what should i do now ? my  older appliances worked more than 10 yrs without any issues.

userhJrcSG0hnm
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We had a scary version of this issue yesterday.  Our front-right burner on our NX58h5600SS siezed in the High position while lit.  I had to pull the range out and shut off the gas.  This is pathetic and these should be recalled.  I tried PB Blaster, rubbing alcohol, and pliers.  The thing finally turned to about the low setting but would not turn back to the Off position.  I can't begin to imagine if elderly people had this issue.  These should all be recalled and everyone refunded.  We have already ordered a replacement range from another company.  4 months out of warranty and this happens.  Avoid these at all costs!

userM5aSk1TxLA
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue and now I have to wait for 48 hours. 

0 Likes
userNQU9RghzQC
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had the same damned problem.   I have the Samsung NX58F5500SS.   I had it for about 7 years and then couldn't get the front burner to turn off.     What made this even worse is that the flame went out, so it looked like it may have been resolved -- as the knob was turned most of the way down.   But it was still leaking gas.  We had to call the FIRE DEPARTMENT TO TURN IT OFF!   Imagine if this had happened with teenagers using the stove and they didn't have enough life experience to understand that when the flame went out that the gas was still being released.   Or imagine if one of them would have tried to disconnect the stove.   This is SOOOOOOO Dangerous and we need to put Samsung on blast!   These stoves need to be put on BLAST!   We cannot continue to accept such INFERIOR quality.  Used to be that refrigerators and stoves would last for decades!    

0 Likes
userM5aSk1TxLA
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having tbe same issue and I am furious 

0 Likes
user9ce9DxSamj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

They do not make this part anymore for the front right burner which is the "power burner." The burner and the tube attached to this valve are slightly smaller than 1/4 inch threads but all the replacement valves they do make are 1/4 inch.  How do I hack this? Why does the the "power burner" have a slightly smaller output? I would purchase a conversion to fit the new valve into the old burner tube, but I don't know the thread size of the female tube. Is it in millimeters? Where do I buy that? 

0 Likes
usergwlPrU6TZ5
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem, left rear burner. My stove is in warranty but because I slightly bent the valve stem when I was trying to turn off the flame they will not cover the repair. Which is completely ridiculous.
@SamsungGill the valve was broken and a flame was stuck on - yes I twisted the stem trying to turn off a flame, but the thing was already broken - how do I appeal this warranty decision?

userNQU9RghzQC
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungGill    I agree with UsergwlPrU6TZ5.  YOU SHOULD HAVE AUTOMATICALLY REPAIRED IT!  I had the same DAMNED problem, but on Model #NX58F5500SS.      I couldn't get my burner to turn off!   Tried using the pliers , but no good.  Tried getting my brothers to turn it off -- but no good.   CALLED THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AND THEY COULDN"T GET IT TURNED OFF EITHER!   Had to completely disconnect the stove.   But obviously, by all of these complaints about their stoves -- THEY DON'T CARE!   This ranks right up there with their phones EXPLODING!