cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NX58K7850SS Gas range knob won't turn.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung gas range NX58K7850SS that has 5 knobs on the front.  One of the knobs will not turn to ignite.  It pushes in slightly as do the others but won't turn.  Range has been used maybe 10 times.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FX710BGS/XAA Gas range knob won't turn.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I discovered in my case is that the problem is due to poor design.  The metal posts that come out of the stove are U shaped or half circle with the opening facing upwards.  The knobs then slide on to the metal posts.  However, once the knobs are installed, there is a gap between the stove face and the back of the knob leaving the metal U shaped post partially exposed.  Any cooking liquid such as bacon grease, oil etc has the potential of dripping between the stove face and the knob. If the grease lands on the U shaped metal posts, it acts as a channel and the grease runs down the metal shaft into the valve inside the stove.  And let me tell you, it's like cement if it dont catch it.  If you can't free it with a degreaser, you'll need to buy a new valve. ($30-$40).  Each burner/knob has it's own valve.  To access the valve you have to remove the top of the stove, then the front.  Don't forget to turn off the gas.

What they should have done is designed the posts so the open side faces down.  This way it doesn't act as a funnel for grease and debris to enter the valve.  Just poor design.

20 REPLIES 20
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NX58K7850SS Gas range knob won't turn.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you remove the knob, does it look like it has been damaged on the inside? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No it pushes in, but just will not budge when trying to turn it.  Knob works fine if I move it to another burner.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send me a private message with the serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user2rv3QlT83v
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi SamsungJAM - Can I get the part number for the stem/valve? I have same problem. My model is NX58K7850SS/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't remember where exactly I bought mine but youll find replacement valves below.  From the drop-down on the page choose valves.

https://partsdr.com/appliance-parts/nx58k7850ssaa0000-samsung-gas-range.

user28RYFbB69w
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same thing on a range that's 18 months old!!  It worked for dinner but next morning for breakfast it was frozen solid.  Knob would go in but not turn.  Sounds like with as many complaints of the same problem that it's definitely a design flaw and should be recalled or repaired free.

userdwUZSqLlnu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had the exact same problem. The second knob from the left jammed and would not turn. We Iived with it for months. purchased a replacement valve and replaced it to fix the problem.
useraGBrlV3Kl7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here.  Nice oven, but the knobs are garbage, and this valve issue showed up about a month ago, after nearly 2 years of use.  There definitely should be a recall on a couple of things at the least.

userc2M4NGbWfx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My range is less that 2 years old and the knob to the grill will not turn on.

this seems to be a common problem.   Is there a solution to this problem?