cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

NX58M9420S Oven won't heat up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased this unit in Feb 2018.  Last week the oven stopped warming up.  The top gas ranges continue to work fine, as does the broil feature.  Took the bottom heat element off the oven to investigate.  When oven is turned to Bake 350, the heating element/ignitor turns on, gas flows and the oven burner flame lights.  After a few seconds the flame goes out, and then relights and goes out every 3-5 seconds after that.  Temperature never gets above 175 degrees, even after 20-25 minutes of use.  

No test modes or error codes are displayed.  I've order an OEM temperature sensor to replace the original.  The oven was unplugged for a full day while awaiting this part.  I've installed the new temperature sensor and the original issue remains.  

Looking for any assistance or guidance on how to fix this 2-year old Samsung gas range. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NX58M9420S Oven won't heat up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once you set the temperature and press start, the oven will display 150 degrees Fahrenheit and begin to preheat. The displayed temperature will increase when the oven gets hotter than 150 degrees, and will continue until the oven reaches the desired temperature. If the display seems to be stuck at 150 for much longer than it should, it is because the oven is not heating. Perform these steps if this occurs.

1. Make sure the door hasn't been left open.

The oven will shut off if the door is left open for too long. This is a safety precaution.

2. Confirm you're not in demo mode.

If you're in demo mode, the display will show tESt (or tE 5t). Some models show a d on the display, and wall ovens with an LCD screen will show DEMO at the top of the display. When in demo mode, the oven and cooktop will not heat (although a gas cooktop will still ignite).

Instructions to disable demo mode are available in the user manual.

test on display

3. Check the gas pressure (for gas ranges).

The oven will ignite and turn off multiple times while cooking to maintain temperature.

If the oven does not ignite at all, light one of the burners on the cooktop and try heating the oven again.

• If the burners will not light, check if the gas is turned on for the home. Contact the gas company for further assistance.
    • If the oven heats up when a burner is lit, but not when the cooktop is off, the gas pressure is too high. If the range was recently installed, contact a professional installer, otherwise contact the gas company.
    • If the oven does not heat up when the cooktop is on, this will require service. 
  4. Turn off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

Electric ovens require 240V and in a lot of homes will use two 120V circuits instead of one 240V one. In some cases, if the two circuits are not linked together correctly, one will trip and the other won't. This will cause an electric oven to still be able to turn on, but be unable to heat. (Gas ranges use only one 120V circuit and will not power on or spark the igniter if the circuit is tripped.)

Tripped circuits may not be immediately noticeable as they sometimes look like they are untripped, so cycle them off and back on again to be certain.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once you set the temperature and press start, the oven will display 150 degrees Fahrenheit and begin to preheat. The displayed temperature will increase when the oven gets hotter than 150 degrees, and will continue until the oven reaches the desired temperature. If the display seems to be stuck at 150 for much longer than it should, it is because the oven is not heating. Perform these steps if this occurs.

1. Make sure the door hasn't been left open.

The oven will shut off if the door is left open for too long. This is a safety precaution.

2. Confirm you're not in demo mode.

If you're in demo mode, the display will show tESt (or tE 5t). Some models show a d on the display, and wall ovens with an LCD screen will show DEMO at the top of the display. When in demo mode, the oven and cooktop will not heat (although a gas cooktop will still ignite).

Instructions to disable demo mode are available in the user manual.

test on display

3. Check the gas pressure (for gas ranges).

The oven will ignite and turn off multiple times while cooking to maintain temperature.

If the oven does not ignite at all, light one of the burners on the cooktop and try heating the oven again.

• If the burners will not light, check if the gas is turned on for the home. Contact the gas company for further assistance.
    • If the oven heats up when a burner is lit, but not when the cooktop is off, the gas pressure is too high. If the range was recently installed, contact a professional installer, otherwise contact the gas company.
    • If the oven does not heat up when the cooktop is on, this will require service. 
  4. Turn off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

Electric ovens require 240V and in a lot of homes will use two 120V circuits instead of one 240V one. In some cases, if the two circuits are not linked together correctly, one will trip and the other won't. This will cause an electric oven to still be able to turn on, but be unable to heat. (Gas ranges use only one 120V circuit and will not power on or spark the igniter if the circuit is tripped.)

Tripped circuits may not be immediately noticeable as they sometimes look like they are untripped, so cycle them off and back on again to be certain.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution for my problem, the answer seems to be a standard answer that I've seen elsewhere on this forum.

1. The oven door is not open

2. I am not in Demo or Test Mode

3. My gas pressure is not the issue.  I can use my burner and broiler with no problems.

4. I have recycled the power on my oven from the plug and the circuit breaker - it is not a fix. 

5. My unit is 2 years old, so it's beyond the 1-year warranty, can not be returned to the store, and I did not purchase an extended warranty.  So at this point it seems as if the only viable option is to seek a repair from an independent appliance technician at my own cost.  Not the quality I would expect from Samsung - in terms of product quality or support.

I'm not sure why Samsung is indicating that the issue has been "Solved" - it has not.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
following...i have the same issue
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue, we purchased in Nov 2018 and didn't install until Sept 2019. What was your resolution?

@userHZgy98kpZY wrote:

Purchased this unit in Feb 2018.  Last week the oven stopped warming up.  The top gas ranges continue to work fine, as does the broil feature.  Took the bottom heat element off the oven to investigate.  When oven is turned to Bake 350, the heating element/ignitor turns on, gas flows and the oven burner flame lights.  After a few seconds the flame goes out, and then relights and goes out every 3-5 seconds after that.  Temperature never gets above 175 degrees, even after 20-25 minutes of use.  

No test modes or error codes are displayed.  I've order an OEM temperature sensor to replace the original.  The oven was unplugged for a full day while awaiting this part.  I've installed the new temperature sensor and the original issue remains.  

Looking for any assistance or guidance on how to fix this 2-year old Samsung gas range.