Original topic:

NX60T8711SG gas oven won't ignite

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 12:57 PM)
user6Be6OkrSrz
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This range was installed YESTERDAY!  I ran the gas oven at 350 for a few minutes and it lit and heated.  Then I turned it up to 550, but it only went to 525.  I was trying to burn off all the chemicals from manufacturing.

I let it cool for several hours.  Now the oven won't ignite at all.  All burners work, broiler works, but I don't see the thermocouple glowing to ignite the oven.  I've had this range for less than 24 hours and never even baked in it..............

0 Likes
7 Replies
Danefixitman
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
You can call the manufacturer number and they can walk you through the steps to see what is going with it if it is defected they will send you a new one
0 Likes
userRj0vvAKdjK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem.  Have had my stove about 2 weeks but never used the oven.  Went to use it yesterday to bake a cake and it took more than an hour to come up to 350 and then took over an hour to bake something that was to bake for 15-20 minutes.  I see the history on these stoves  and so many have the same problems.  Range and broiler works.  Model NX60T877111SS.  Bought in the US but had it shipped to my home in the Carribean.  Now what do I do?

0 Likes
MrBimmerOwnerDriver
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Set a temp, any temp, 350°, 385° or 450° whatever just set a temp and let the oven do its thing and that is preheat. See if that does it, if not give Samsung a call.
0 Likes
user6Be6OkrSrz
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've tried lighting a burner, even all the burners and then the oven.  It seems like the thermocouple isn't starting so it won't light.  I'm upset because this unit is less than 24 hours old and I already can't use a good portion of it.  

I called Samsung and am waiting for a service person to call.  

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If this is occurring on the range and it was just recently purchased I would recommend an exchange or refund for this unit. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6Be6OkrSrz
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would love to exchange this unit but I had to wait 2 months for delivery of this one.  And when I called Samsung, they didn't offer an exchange.  They said a tech will be calling me for an appointment.  

I've owned 2 Samsung ranges and had problems with both.  I'm not sure I'd own another after this.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My apologies depending on where the unit was bought the exchange would be going through the place of purchase, if it was through our site you can try calling our eCommerce department at 855-726-8721 just to see what other options are available. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes