cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dedrater88
Constellation

Needing to defrost ice maker every week

We purchased our Samsung fridge (RF23M8590SG) last year, and right outside of the 1yr warranty, the ice maker started to freezer over and over. It has now gotten to the point where it is freezing every week and we have to take a blowdryer or steamer to it to make it work. If it was maybe once a month I can deal with it, but once a week is pretty aggrevating especially since I live in Vegas and it takes a whole day for the fridge to build up enough ice to use. 

For such an expensive fridge, I would hope that the issue was solved. This fridge was actually a replacement for a slightly older model (RF23M8070SG) because that one did the same thing too!

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Needing to defrost ice maker every week

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWgpRpdB09n
Constellation

This happens with my Samsung ice maker as well.  I previously asked for help and had the ice maker replaced.  That lasted about 2-3 months and it started again.  Once every few weeks I have to defrost the ice maker.  This problem NEEDS to be FIXED.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userWgpRpdB09n    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.