Original topic:

New Applications or ability to move from Samsung phone to Refridgerator

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 4:24 PM)
useruSdrpmKOUh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello to you all,

I am trying to find out if there will be new apps released soon for the Family Hub refridgerator. I would like apps that are more my personal preferance. I do not use most of the ones it came installed with and would like to download other apps. I would also like to stop having to mirror my phone when putting netflix on the fridge to show off lol. I think it is pointless to need to run apps on both products in order to display via mirroring. I also do not yet own a Samsung smart tv, as I opted for a cheaper version Hisense (couldn't beat the pricing and picture looked identical to Samsung) , and would like to maybe have the option to mirror it as my phone can mirror to the tv yet the tv cannot mirror to the fridge.  Oh yeah and I have the same ring issue as the rest and my fridge was recently purchased (model RF28R755)

If you have any insight to any of my issues I gladly welcome your replies! Thank you in advance

0 Likes
1 Reply
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
The problem is that its created using TIZEN but a specific form of it that is locked and behind Samsungs boot. Tried and failed any backwards SSL connects to it and cant get to the drive port for manual takeover without opening up the fridge itself. Even with doing so sadly full Tizen applications wouldn't be operational nor would normal Android apps. I think the group agreement is to Sell the overpriced refrigerator and buy a nice fridge and just mount a Samsung Tab to the front. I know it's probably not the news you want to hear but Hope that Helps. If you want to see how much work has went into "trying" to make these fridges cooler, head over to XDA Developers. You'll find a thread over there
0 Likes