cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHOzJHUoIph
Constellation

Re: New Over Range Microwave Doesn't Draw Air - ME16H702SES/AA

I'm having the same issue with a Samsung microwave I just installed 2 weeks ago. Fan blows from the top but doesn't pick up any steam or smoke from cooking. The bottom of my microwave is 15.5" from the top of the cooktop. Even if I put the pot on the back burner the steam just flows over the front of the microwave. I called Samsung customer service and they agree unit is under warranty and they would have service contact me for service.

When the service tech company called they wanted to charge $50 up front to come out to look at it.

Almost $500 for a microwave that doesn't preform the most basic function.

I see post back to 2016 regarding this same issue. Manufactered date on my oven is late 2018 and still the same problem. 

Where do I go from here?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@ userHOzJHUoIph I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please send a Private Message here: http://bit.ly/2UWU6k4 with the service ticket number and the contact phone number associated with your account? 

userxn1KEbxCAA
Constellation

1I have the exact same problem.  I have Model ME21K7010DS.  Purchased at Home Depot, It was installed in January by their delivery team.  Mine is also set to recirculate, lots of air being blown out the top, none being drawn in.  My range top is 15.5 inches below the vent.  Samsung seems to want to ignore this problem.  What can we do to get their attention?  Class action lawsuit? write letters to wherever we purchased the microwave to let them know that Samsung does not want to do anything to resolve this issue?  I also purchased Samsung brand refrigerator and stove.  Additionally, the speed of the vent fan slows when using the microwave at the same time.  Since no manual came with the microwave, I do not know if this is”normal”. Have never had a microwave with the vent fan speed being affected by the use of the microwave.

Highlighted
userFpG0XAfjBm
Constellation

I too have Model ME21K7010DS that I purchased from Lowes. It was installed by my contractors. When we didn't detect any air being drawn through the bottom we removed the unit and checked to see that it was pushing lots of air out the back but still none was being drawn through the filter. I will contact Samsung and schedule a return and will purchase another brand.
userRUsoLARFta
Constellation

I am having the SAME issue

It is very frustrating. 

userHRYTz8Lv2O
Astronaut

I am also having the same problem.  I bought the entire Samsung package of microwave, range, fridge and dishwasher, so returning the microwave is not optimal.  Why is this problem so hard for Samsung to fix?  It is clearly a KNOWN issue.  I also would recommend people NOT purchase this microwave until Samsung fixes this problem!

usertgLscXn7lP
Constellation

I'm having the same problem. I can't believe so many other people are going through this. I will never recommend Samsung again. 

userKmwZc37h1Q
Constellation

I had purchases all Samsung kitchen appliances from Costco, looks like 4th attempt for Samsung technical to check the Microwave issue has finally identified the issue. According to the technical, they are seeing many Samsung Microwaves are installed with incorrect position of the blower and the dampner.  That's the reason air is blowing in instead of blowing out.

They have asked me to hire a handyman to reinstall to the Microwave correctly.  Neither Costco nor Samsung will cover the reinstall costs.

Ditt1
Astronaut

We have purchased the same model, and had it professionally installed for inside venting.  It does not work.  I can hold a pot of boiling water under the vent and the steanm just goes right up the front.  I would not recommend this microwave.

tharnist
Constellation

We had the Samsung repairman check out the vent on the microwave.  He told us it was functioning as good as it gets.  Which is sad as when you boil a pot if water the entire front gets wet.  This microwave was NOT a good purchase.