JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New refrigerator no light in water/ice dispenser area

(Topic created: 07-23-2018 06:26 PM)
userpoNPbT3os4
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Was this brand new Samsung refrigerator designed with no backlighting on the water/ice buttons touch buttons and  no light in the ice/water dispensing area? I can't believe it, our old kenmore had light in both. Is there some way to turn on lights there?

Thank You

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for this information, regretfully the only LED lights in the dispenser area are on the control panel located just above the dispenser itself. I apologize for any inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please provide the full model code of the unit so that we can best assist. 

0 Likes
userpoNPbT3os4
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

RS25J500DSR/AA

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for this information, regretfully the only LED lights in the dispenser area are on the control panel located just above the dispenser itself. I apologize for any inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYDyWMSNcF6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

where can I put request to add led light for water dispenser? Or is there some kind of add-on I can get?

Thanks

rhinogore
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a RF28R6201SG and the only time the light comes on is when you press the dispensor, is there a way to make this on continuously?

0 Likes
userSJ7st1UBKk
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I know your not the designer but it's 2020...There should be a light where the water comes out. I've never been so disappointed. What a shame your company makes this beautiful fridge with no light in the door.

Also, You havn't ever answered the guy that asked if you could order one and have it installed. Well?

At least come up with a battery opperated one that can be pushed and left on at night when you wake up trying to get water and it goes all over the place because you can't see how full the cup is getting. It's not like I can really take the fridge back either. 

Booooo on who's ever fauld it is for this poor design. I can't possibly believe you saved that much money not putting one. 

Very disappointed,

Tammy Mattingly

userT1POcTsiUT
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

100% agree.  I just couldn't believe that there was no light at the water/ice dispenser.  The 14 year old refrigerator this one replaced had lighting!  Is it so that the "higher end" models are differentiated over "lower end" models?  How much cost does this save, $5?  Some wire and a cheap LED? If I had known this, I might have bought a competitor model.  It seems like a trivial thing, but it is such a simple feature that should be standard with a water/ice dispenser.

useryqNd2OjITQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
R525j50
0 Likes
userH1fvUlqyXz
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine stopped working. 6 weeks of use. Delivered 3/30/20. 

0 Likes