Original topic:

Newly Delivered Range cannot be connected to Propane

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 10:17 AM)
CirrusDriver
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Beautiful Brand New Duel Fuel, multi-door electric oven, with gas stove top delivered 48 hours ago.

I carefully followed all directions to convert the stove top to Propane, including the 180 degree install of the brass fitting on the pressure regulator.  The challenge, which no one at Home Depot ( where I purchased this fine appliance ) or apparently at Samsung (the manufacturer), where I spoke to numerous people in both customer support and "technical" support has any clue of, it the fact that the "custom" dual purpose orifiace will not connect to any normal fitting for Propane Gas.  No one at Home Depot had a solution.  I brought the oriface to our local hardware store (the owner there has 50 years experience) and he got one look and said, "I have nothing that will connect to that."  How can you sell a gas stove top that will not connect "easily" to propane, and then not know that this is a problem.

My last call on delivery day, after nearly three hours on the phone and two trips to hardware stores was to the business center at Samsung.  They promised that someone would call within 48 hours and stop here at my home to get this problem solved.  I would surely appreciate that.  There are a couple hours left for this promise to be upheld.

4 Replies
Mäw
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'd day return it.... avoid the headache
0 Likes
CirrusDriver
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm tempted for sure.  The other hand is that this is what my lovely bride wants.  You may know that drill:-

0 Likes
Mäw
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
very very familiar. you know the saying happy wife happy life lol. have you searched online for possible third party companies that may supply that fitting? there has to be one
0 Likes
CirrusDriver
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ok, so after a drive to the Propane Company that is not doing any hookups of any kind due to fear of Covid and not being able to talk to an installer because they have been all let go, I drove to a Heating company where they simply explained what needed to happen to get the gas hooked up successfully.  I went home and within 20 minutes the gas was hooked up and tested for leaks.  Done deal.  Now why Home Depot and Samsung were unable to communicate how to hook up the product they sold me, is beyond my comprehension.  These folks manufacture, sell and deliver, but are apparently clueless on how to help the customer make the product work in their homes.  Perhaps we have become too specialized.  So be it.

0 Likes