Original topic:

No pre-drilled holes in Convertible Upright Freezer to reverse door handle as advertised

(Topic created: 03-06-2021 04:38 PM)
useryvbKk7ejqS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

instructions say to insert it here, where? no hole.instructions say to insert it here, where? no hole.instructions say to insert it here, where? no hole.instructions say to insert it here, where? no hole.samsung-freezer-noholes copy.png11.4 cubic. ft. Capacity Convertible Upright Freezer in Stainless Look. We purchased two of these freezers (RZ11M7074SA/AA) with the thought we would use one as a fridge and one as a freezer. The fact that the door handles are advertised as reversible makes this a wonderful option to make our idea look seamless with both door handles meeting in the middle. Unfortunately when the Samsung Pro came and attempted the door handle reversal the area the hinge and foot level are supposed to be screw.ed into hence reversing the door hinge did not have pre-drilled holes to complete the job. In fact this is the case for both of our freezers! It's not a fluke from the factory when it's both. Honestly, it would make a lot more sense if there was an option when purchasing to have the door handle reversed before it is shipped. The Samsung PRO had to call Visual Support and then they could not help him resolve the issue, and now it is being escalated to the Engineers. The Samsung PRO had to put the door back together and was unable to complete the job. Now we are waiting to hear back...

4 Replies
useryvbKk7ejqS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

anyone?  I have two of these and one is sitting unused waiting on a solution....this is so silly that it's advertised to be reversible yet the manufacturing missed a step to render it not possible without diy modifications

what4
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I was just posting the exact same issue.  I also have two of these and plan to use it just like you indicated. Have you been able to resolve this?  I actually was attempting the door reversal myself and to say it is a pain in the @$$ is an understatement as you have no idea how much pressure to exert on some of these plastic parts.  I got to the exact same point and realized there were no holes on the other side which was disappointing because it seems like i got through all the hard steps only to be thwarted at this point.  I just finished chatting with online support and they actually recommended that I speak to an installer.  I told them that I shouldn't have to get an installer out here to tell me that the refrigerator is missing screw holes. I can't imagine drilling and tapping new holes on the bottom of the refrigerator is part on any installation process.  I told them it would probably void my warranty - not to mention that the manual is written such that you can easily conclude that there should be screw holes already in it.   I love the look of the refrigerator-freezer and and am hoping there is a solution to this.  Definitely a disappointment after waiting 4 months for delivery.

Stuck in Virginia,

T

0 Likes
userhjER0W1lM1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The holes are covered by paint. Cut and pull the paint out so you don't push it onto the threads. Or stab at it and pick it out piece by piece like I did. 

0 Likes
userhjER0W1lM1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You may have to pick the paint out of the internal threads. The non-hinge leg hit the foam insulation in it's new home, so I stabbed my screwdriver in there the make a channel for it. The door is definitely reversible on the RZ11M7074SA I bought.

0 Likes