cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

OTR Microwave heats when off and door is closed

1.8 cubic feet Over-the-Range Microwave with Sensor Cooking in Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel

MODEL NUMBER: ME18H704SFS/AASERIAL NUMBER: <HIDDEN>

Please be mindful of your microwave and model number because a ton of people seem to have my same problem and it's extremely dangerous! I'm wondering why a recall hasn't been done tbh. 

I noticed I humming noise in my kitchen today but didn't think much of it since fridges and my water cooler sometimes make noise. I used my microwave for heat up a plate of food like normal but after I opened the door to stop the microwave for beeping once it was finished, it kept cooking my food! I tested it with a glass of water, like some instructions say, and found that it heated it to boiling when it was off and the door was closed. 

I'm SO glad that I was home when this happened, I can only imagine what could have happened if my microwave was heating up when we weren't home! (Serious fire hazard I'm sure!!)

I found out that my manufacturer warranty expired in Dec 2018 even though I bought a full set of Samsung appliances months before that so I'm out of pocket for any any all diagnostics and service calls/repairs.

This pandemic has hit my family HARD and we simply can't afford a new microwave or the cost of repairs. I'm handy and might be able to fix this myself with help.

CanSamsung or anyone offer some help?  

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: OTR Microwave heats when off and door is closed

I would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.