JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

OVEN CAUGHT FIRE TWICE ALREADY!!!!

(Topic created: 11-25-2022 01:36 PM)
ingridlynn
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung GAS stove top / Oven.  Back a few months ago we HAD TO CALL 911 and the Fire Dept. had to come to my house because my oven caught fire (HUGE FLAMES inside my oven) as I was getting ready to cook.  Thanksfully the fire was contained within my oven but it sure was scary as I was alone at home with my children! Fire department wasn't sure what caused it and I just stopped using my oven for a while because I was scared.  Fast forward... This past month (October 23,2022), I decided to give it a try again and started using (The oven)  wihout any issues.  I cooked in my oven and all was well until it was time to turn it off.... "THE OVEN WOULDN'T TURN OFF".  I nitially had to leave it completely open because I was sooo afraid it was going to overheat and had to call family over to help me find a solution to get it to turn off.  My borther opted to disconnected the power supply and it shut off that way.  The following day as I needed to cook (on the stove top) I had to connect the power again for the stove top to work.  Last night EXACTLY one month later, as I was almost ready to start using the oven again for thanksgiving, I turned it on (NO FOOD INSIDE YET) just turned it on to get it warming up... I turned around for just a few minutes... As i come back almost 7-10 minutes later.... AGAIN.... MY ENTIRE OVEN WAS IN FLAMES!!!!  HUGE FLAMES!!!  There is something SERIOUSLY WRONG AND DANGEROUS going on with this oven which is not even that old and the oven hasnt even used much as 10 times since it was purchased!  I would like to please have someone look into this!!! 

p

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Oh my gosh! That's awful, but I'm so glad no one was hurt! Please send any of the mods a private message with your range's full model code and serial number.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
You need to call Samsung. This is a user forum. 1-800-726-7864
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
The Mod will be along soon ... you mention fi re ... that sparks their interest 😀
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
What model oven is it?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Oh my gosh! That's awful, but I'm so glad no one was hurt! Please send any of the mods a private message with your range's full model code and serial number.