cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqGY2oIHPr4
Constellation

Oven Display flickering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Electric Range a little over 2 years ago, model NE59J7630. The display started flickering a few months ago and has since gotten worse. Now whole areas don’t even appear and certain numbers being displayed aren’t even the right numbers. I’ve always bought all Samsung appliances and never had any problems. Now I have a faulty display on my stove and my refrigerator has a bad ice maker which I also need fixed. I really don’t wanna lose faith in Samsung appliances but it’s getting hard not to. Aside from that the oven still works but setting times is a guessing game.  Please help me as you’ve helped some other people here that are having the same problems. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user7DcovkyRx5
Asteroid

Re: Oven Display flickering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey I had the same problem and thanks to your message and this forumI was able to get it resolved! I contacted SamsungBri via this forum and she helped arrange the solution. A technician came out and replaced the Display panel, Switch Member and SUMB PCB (not sure what any of those are but I asked him if I could write it down so I could post here as the solution).  Kudos to SamsungBri for her excellent assistance with this matter and a quick resolution! 

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The best method to resolve this concern would be a service repair. Since this unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link to locate a Samsung Authorized service center in your area: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location. Once you contact them, they can go over price estimates and appointment dates. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usergxmtB61QX2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue and the stove is just over two years now. I see that this is not a single instance problem it's widespread and a lot of customers are complaing about the same flickering issue.

It's disappointing to see that Samsung is not standing behind it's products and people are pointed to contact the paid repair service for the problem that was not supposed to happen in this scale first of all.

I guess this would be my last appliance purchase from Samsung from now on.

A big dislike for @SamsungTam 

usereX6Pu8GV1l
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's very apparent that this is known issue with these ovens and yet Samsung is unwilling to do anything about it? Warranty or not, these are clearly defective parts followed up by disappointing and bad customer service.  I think I'm better off selling this pile of junk now and investing in Whirlpool oven.   

useryhpqEpQLhi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My oven started flickering this week, 2 plus years after spending $5K on all new appliances from samsung, my friends followed investing more money on Samsung kitchen appliances I hope they will provide some relief to show they are an honorable company.

userddGYLuLgLZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearly, the flickering in the background is an inherent defect.  So many people are experiencing the same problem.

Of course,  for most of us, it started after the warranty had expired.  Samsung is advising people to call a technician and pay for the repairs. 

Samsung needs to recall this part and make the repairs at no cost to those of us who were unwise enough to purchase a Samsung range. 

userpU7FawfVfq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i am having the same issue.  kind of convenient that the issue pops up after the warranty is up.  so they are not doing anything about it?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, have you noticed any error codes? Have you tried to power cycle the unit for about 5 minutes?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4p6haPPaRq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue with my NE59J7630SG. The control display flickers like in the Matrix, as others have described. Through these forums, this is clearly a known issue for this Samsung product. I tried power cycling for 5 minutes multiple times, and it did not fix the issue. Can you advise on a solution? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, can I have your full model number and serial number in private message?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.