cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userddYN6RRqos
Constellation

Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touched.

Looks to be a very common problem.  I have a ME21K7010DS.  The number 7 comes on when not in the room or anywhere near the microwave.  Sad thing is, all the appliances are Samsung in the house--that will never happen again.  Recently, the microwave stopped working completely, no power to it at all.  Called Samsung, they said to check the breaker,  had already done that.  Unplug it & wait a few minutes, plug it back in, no luck.  Tried it again today, and it turned on.   I've read several complaints, this one is out of warranty as well.  They will send a repair technician out to "service it" but not covered by Samsung.  Microwave is $400 at Lowes.  Might as well replace it, seems that others have paid for repairs and it breaks again.  Time to find a different BRAND!  With all the issues of the same thing it seems Samsung would replace it or know how to fix it by now.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody tou...

We are sorry to hear that so that we can look at all options available could you send us a private message with your full serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user5wsD6d89Pq
Constellation

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touche

I have the same model and have the same issue.  It randomly bleeps 7's and continues...We didn't care too much about it but now the fan has turned on by itself 2 days in a row and it's on maximum. And the light has been out for a while.  We have all Samsung appliances, Range, microwave, refrigerator, washer and dryer. The range is another issue where the display blinks other items.

I have not seen a solution on any of this but needs service which is bogus especially if someone needs to pay for it and schedule a suitable time for them.

Thinking of going to the other brand for all these items and only keep my Samsung phone.

user8MwhMuoY4J
Constellation

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touche

Just bought a new home that had an ME21K7010DG, first night in the home and it's doing this phantom 7 stuff as well.