cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody tou...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sad to say but the same thing has now happened to our microwave (same model from 2017).  It couldn't be worse timing during the Covid 19 health issue too, as our microwave is now junk and we can't afford to get a new one with other $ issues going on.

It started with 3's and 7's being activated, then happened more often with other random glitchy beeps and buttons being activated.  More recently the fan started turning on by itself!  This is absolutely insane.  Only 2.5 years old, barely out of warranty, and now Samsung won't stand behind this FIRE HAZARD!!!   

We could still use it for a while, but now the entire screen is starting to go blank.  We've decided to just unplug it so it doesn't wake us in the middle of the night, or worse yet, in fear of it causing a fire while home or not.

The Samsung Rep on the phone was friendly, but insisted that not a thing could be done.  

We bought all 4 matching major appliances in the slate color, including a fridge, dishwasher, stove and microwave.  (This is all seperate from the problems we've been having with the fridge ice maker freezing up and not working either!)  

I really wanted to believe Samsung appliances were decent, but sad to find out, that is far from the truth.  I will be sharing our issues with everyone I know and WARN them against buying Samsung.

I've seen other posters with the same issue here that have been able to get this fixed if out of the 1 year warranty.  Is this true?  If so, how?  Any other help from this group before we have to just throw this piece of junk Samsung appliance out in the trash?   By the time a repair shop services it, and the cost of repair parts, I may be better off buying a brand new microwave by a different manufacturer.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody tou...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with my Microwave purchased in 2016 Model# ME21K7010DG, also purchased at Best Buy, aka Pacific Sales. I had nothing but trouble with all my Samsung appliances I bought there. The whole Suite had at least one or more issues. This Microwave has been turning itself on since I bought it and I have fought with Samsung to fix the issues. Back in 2017 they replaced the door and the Tech blamed it on a defective ground issue. But here we are in 2020 and the issue is back!!  Don't believe the Ground wire lie!!  That's to hold you over until the warranty plays out!! So here I am again back to the battlefield with Samsung, because of course, it's never their fault!  They want me to pay for this useless repair again in May 2020! I would throw it out and go with another brand, but it matches my other useless appliances that I paid a grand total of almost $5000.00 for back in Dec 2016, for this very pretty, but expensive junk!!  My old appliances worked better, they were just old!! The Dishwasher won't dry dishes and detergent door won't open! Racks are designed to not hold your dishes upright! I really hate this dishwasher! The Range stove top discolorated inside of the glass the very first time I used it, and they refused to fix it! They told me that I caused it by using it for the first time, and is a cosmetic issue! Guess I am just suppose to look at it and not use it for it's intended purpose! ...And it's only suppose to look good in their showroom! I also had an issue with the ice maker in Refrigerator, but it was replaced, but I still notice ice  water build up under the vegetable drawers! And a Microwave that turns on by itself and poses a potential Fire Hazard! My advice is to unplug this unit for your safety!! Samsung should be ashamed of themselves!

I have seen from the many posts that this issue affects many Microwaves over many years!! The problem will progress and eventually mine started cooking by itself, a clear fire hazard!!! This is a real defect that can cause people to lose their lives and property!  I repeat UNPLUG THIS UNIT!  I think the consumers need to get together and file a class action lawsuit gainst Samsung!! They are negligent, and they know that this issue has been happening for YEARS! 

IF anyone knows of an ongoing Class Action please let me know @ pvprod1@gmail.com. Please put Samsung Defect in Subject line.  I have ran across an Attorney who seems to have a class action against Samsung for Model SMH18165.  I am going to call to find out more since it seems Model#s doesn't matter with this issue! For anyone interested the name of the firm is Stefan Coleman 877-333-9427.  Don't waste your money fixing this defective product. It will do it again and again!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with my Microwave purchased in 2016 Model# ME21K7010DG, also purchased at Best Buy, aka Pacific Sales. I had nothing but trouble with all my Samsung appliances I bought there. The whole Suite had at least one or more issues. This Microwave has been turning itself on since I bought it and I have fought with Samsung to fix the issues. Back in 2017 they replaced the door and the Tech blamed it on a defective ground issue. But here we are in 2020 and the issue is back!!  Don't believe the Ground wire lie!!  That's to hold you over until the warranty plays out!! So here I am again back to the battlefield with Samsung, because of course, it's never their fault!  They want me to pay for this useless repair again in May 2020! I would throw it out and go with another brand, but it matches my other useless appliances that I paid a grand total of almost $5000.00 for back in Dec 2016, for this very pretty, but expensive junk!!  My old appliances worked better, they were just old!! The Dishwasher won't dry dishes and detergent door won't open! Racks are designed to not hold your dishes upright! I really hate this dishwasher! The Range stove top discolorated inside of the glass the very first time I used it, and they refused to fix it! They told me that I caused it by using it for the first time, and is a cosmetic issue! Guess I am just suppose to look at it and not use it for it's intended purpose! ...And it's only suppose to look good in their showroom! I also had an issue with the ice maker in Refrigerator, but it was replaced, but I still notice ice  water build up under the vegetable drawers! And a Microwave that turns on by itself and poses a potential Fire Hazard! My advice is to unplug this unit for your safety!! Samsung should be ashamed of themselves!

I have seen from the many posts that this issue affects many Microwaves over many years!! The problem will progress and eventually mine started cooking by itself, a clear fire hazard!!! This is a real defect that can cause people to lose their lives and property!  I repeat UNPLUG THIS UNIT!  I think the consumers need to get together and file a class action lawsuit gainst Samsung!! They are negligent, and they know that this issue has been happening for YEARS! 

IF anyone knows of an ongoing Class Action please let me know @ pvprod1@gmail.com. Please put Samsung Defect in Subject line.  I have ran across an Attorney who seems to have a class action against Samsung for Model SMH18165.  I am going to call to find out more since it seems Model#s doesn't matter with this issue! For anyone interested the name of the firm is Stefan Coleman 877-333-9427.  Don't waste your money fixing this defective product. It will do it again and again!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This story sounds similar. Not one of our Samsung appliances has been without its issues. Refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, washer, and dryer. To top it off, we even had our washer replaced with a new one under a class action issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same thing ! What did you find out ?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, including the vent and light randomly turning on.  Mfg. Jan 2016. I've been putting up with this for over a year now.  I just hung up with Samsung Customer Care (how ironic is that, appears they DON'T care!) After 49 minutes of waiting and explaining to the call taker about this same issue as all the others on this thread, I got the same BS response: I'm sorry it's out of warranty, we'll send a tech to trouble shoot, it could be installed incorrectly, blah, blah blah.  And, I have to pay for it.  I kept asking for someone else to talk to as this is not an isolated issue and was told the service tech will report back to the "higher up". This is unacceptable as this is unsafe and certainly a fire hazard.  I paid over $400, rarely use the microwave and they want me to pay who knows how much for some tech to troubleshoot. There is obviously some issue with this model.

Don't even get me started on the Samsung refrigerator, sounds like it's going to explode.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this "solution" fixed your situation... GREAT!  But for most people (read 46 pages worth) cutting power does nothing.  If under warranty... sure... have a professional fix it.  If not, the repair charges are more than the replacment cost.  Here was my DIY fix that cost nothing, but some time.  This link is on page 46 of this same thread...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Over-the-range-microwave-oven-inputs-7-by... 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really?  She told you this was normal?  Definitely not normal.  I am having the same problem and on the phone right now with Samsung support.  She asks questions like it's never happened before.  I told her to look at their own Samsung community boards and she can see 3 full pages of consumers with the exact same issue.  You mean Samsung cannot determine the problem?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not seeing where anyone called it normal, If not already shown above it's honestly a service issue if it continues to happen after the unit has been unplugged for a few minutes. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Wow ! This is definitely a problem !