Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: ME21K7010DG inputs 7s, turns on the vent, and runs by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This link should work fine: https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: ME21K7010DG inputs 7s, turns on the vent, and runs by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here. ME21M706BAG model.  automatic self pressing 777...few times 3...automatically turns on oven or fan at high speed.   occassinally, freq is pretty often...it's happening everyday....I don't even know what's going on when we sleep in night time. I heard beep sound when sleeping but not sure how long it ran...really worried about what might happen when leaving home.  it's really surprising that there is no recall when so many customers are reporting almost same identical issue.  is there anything that works? I don't want to pay for $500 to repair $400 oven, but i need to find someone to install it (over the top) if I get new one...more expense...really frustrating

Highlighted
Constellation

Microwave issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung microwave keeps randomly putting itself on 7 seconds and beeps to start or end.  This has been happening since I purchased the full kitchen appliance set back in 2017.  After reading reviews it is apparently a common issue.  I tried resetting the breaker, it is still occurring. 

Highlighted
Constellation

ME21M706BAG7 button beeps and resets to 7 or 77 secs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I already did the power reset multiple times. Can you please help?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: ME21M706BAG7 button beeps and resets to 7 or 77 secs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are reasonably handy (definition - You have screwdrivers.  You know enough to disconnect the power chord), here is a fix that worked for me.  Cost me some time, but no parts except some stranded wire and two wire lugs.

I have a ME21F707MJT well out of warranty.  My symptoms.  Random keys automatically being pressed... including the lock key.  Fortunately, the Start key has never activated for the potential fire hazard mentioned.  Also, most keys don't work when actually pressed.  And the keys that work only work some of the time.  I am not a service technician.  I read through much of this 46 page thread and found no DIY fix.  However, I found along the way many references to a special door with GROUNDING.  I just happen to fiddle with microelectronics and know the symptoms when things aren't grounded properly.  It turns out, the grounding strap inside the door is expecting to reach ground via the metal hinges.  This is a very poor idea for digital electronics.  

SIMPLY adding a wire from the grounding strap inside the door connecting to the metal chassis of the unit solved my issue completely.  No random self-presses.  All buttons working.  The clock is now working for the first time since new.  
  • You will need to do an Internet search for your model's service manual to help you take the door apart.  It was a PITA!
  • This is digital electronics and likely running 3.3 to 5V DC.  No risk of shock if you unplugged the unit.  Stay away from the high voltage areas inside the chassis!  Some store a charge even disconnected.  
  • Use stranded wire (must be flexible since it bends at the hinge)  Only needs to be as thick as the green wire.  What I used was just handy.
  • Screw it down securely with wire lugs at both ends.
  • Re-assemble.  Enjoy.  Save yourself the $400 service bill many others mentioned.
Circuit board as found inside door before fix.  Note green grounding wire.Circuit board as found inside door before fix.  Note green grounding wire.Add your own stranded wire to the same ground pointAdd your own stranded wire to the same ground pointConnect other end to any convenient chassis screw.Connect other end to any convenient chassis screw.
Highlighted
Constellation

ME21M706BAG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have a Samsung Microwave, Model ME21706BAG that randomly displays the number seven. This morning the fan stared all by itself on the high speed setting while I was sleeping, very scary!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: ME21M706BAG

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yeah you're right about that