Original topic:

Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touched.

(Topic created on: 1/23/21 4:52 PM)
userBL6h5kEU3o
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

While sitting 10 feet from the microwave, we occasionally hear a beep and look over to see that the microwave automatically hit the 7 button and is asking for us to select OK or Start...  Sometimes, it hits it twice and will cook for 77 seconds if we hit start.  But, we didn't do anything!  This happens from a normal resting position where we only see the time of day, and happens at random times... Do we have a bad computer? We just recently purchased this unit maybe two months ago.  

Model: ME21K7010DG

Serial: <Hidden>

Thanks!

Gerry

479 Replies
Samsung_9pPgQxx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model# ME21K7010DS/AA

I bought this oven in December of 2016 and had it installed in the beginning of 2017. In 2018 it started to have the "ghost 7" problem described by many people here. I contacted Samsung and after a lot of discussions and e-mails, I finally got it fixed - the technician supposedly replaced the door and main board for an updated model that would fix the issue.

Indeed, the issue was fixed for a while, but to my surprise it is back. I know the product is out of warranty, but I cannot accept the fact that the same issue is recurring and that it is not just me, but many many people reporting the same.

I am an engineer and when a product shows such kind of recurring issue, either it is a design or a manufacturing fault. Given the fact that mine was fixed with what was supposed to be a newer version of the parts, I believe there is a design fault somewhere.

I am reaching out to see if Samsung would stand behind its product and fix it again (hopefully for good). 

Thank you

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Samsung_9pPgQxx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungJam wrote:

I would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

I already sent you a couple of private messages, including confirmation that my contact information is still the same, but it seems you are not getting them. Please call me instead.

0 Likes
userIVMm3Re7Cc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

Our microwave constantly presses the number '7'.  Typically we just clear the numbers and ignore it.  Today, however, the microwave started by itself with 77 hours on the timer.  My wife tried to press stop and it wouldn't.  She ended up opening the unit and pressing random numbers until it stopped.

Should I just unplug this thing?  Seems like there are a lot of issues with style microwave.  What is the fix?

Thanks

0 Likes
userCWgYoggvXX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have read several posts about people who have a samsung microwave and the it automatically displaying 7 or 77.  I purchased a microwave in 2017,  after is was just over a year old and out of warranty,  it started doing that.  i just lived with it and would just clear it, ALL THE TIME!  However, now the fan has started going on randomly.  I feel like I can no longer safely use it.  It seems like this is happening to A LOT of people.  Is Samsung willing to fix this issue under warranty, even though I am technically out of the one year warranty?   The microwave it NOT inexpensive, so I am hoping they will fix it. 

0 Likes
userff0RGQr5qX
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I think I've finally found a real solution.   In my situation,  the 7s seem to appear as a result of a weak/loose wire harness connection between the door and microwave.   Unplug the microwave and remove the vent grill that's above the microwave.   In the upper left corner you'll see a wire connection that connects the door to the microwave.   In my case, the connection just floats in mid air and the connection was slightly loose.  I pushed the connection tightly together, and tightly wrapped the connection with electrical tape(stretch the tape to wrap tightly) to keep the connection snug.  Reinstall the grill.   After seeing 7s for almost 1 year, I haven't seen a single 7 since securing the wire connection!

userosciT28PtM
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you!!!! It looks like this solved my problem after  about a year of using child lock to keep the microwave from beeping. My microwave would go to 7 about 4-5 times per day. It's been 3 days with nothing after taping up the wiring harness. I will check back in if it stops working, but I will enjoy my 5 minute DIY fix for now.

0 Likes
userpLS6eDGSwo
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having this same issue

0 Likes
buggyman
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I have a Samsung refrigerator that the computer screen does not work properly, now my microwave randomly pops up with 7 seconds. i spent thousands of dollars on a kitchen full of Samsung appliances. NEVER AGAIN!!
0 Likes
userTiOjnuXmku
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have an issue with the microwave constantly entering 7's almost every night and starting. I'm worried if I don't hear it and shut it off that it will just run and cause an issue. How should I approach this ?

0 Likes