cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUnhE2avIbs
Constellation

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

that’s great seems to be same problem we are having and with ALL these posts no fix?! this is not even a year old machine 

userOAcTeKpCA6
Constellation

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Needs a new Door Assembly.

userJmzUiz7SyL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem Solved.

After dealing with this issue for quite some time Samsung sent a service tech to replace the door. Our microwave was out of warranty but they said they would cover it “just this one time”. After speaking with the tech I found out this is a well known issue and Samsung has already changed the door design. It turns out that previously the doors were not equip with a ground. In it self without the button issues I believe this is an unsafe condition. I’m pretty sure UL requires all metal components of an electrical appliance need to be grounded. In any case only time will tell if this actually fixes the problems. I find it hard to believe that they would say they don’t know about the issue since they have changed the door design to fix it. I really don’t understand why this has yet to be recalled. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

RBeavers
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this exact same problem. My PowerGrill Over-the-Range Microwave - (Model# ME21K7010DG) randomly inputs the number 7, then asks you to "Press Start". This is totaly uncommanded.

I am an engineer with more than 30 years experience in Industrial Automation. In my experience, this is either a design/programming flaw or a manufacturing defect in the circuitry. There should not be this many complaints (26 pages and counting on this forum alone) with the exact same issue. Simply replaceing a door (which is to say, replace the touchpad electronics), which seems to be the service technicians default solution, obviously does not solve the underlying problem. This is something Samsung should be taking very seriously, as whatever is causing the number 7 to randomly activate, may also propogate to other buttons/functions including uncommanded "Starts".

I sure hope Samsung recalls this model, as simply being "out of warranty" does not obsolve liability, especially in light of soooo many documented complaints.  It will probably take a lawsuit related to a fire or worse, to get the attention of Sanmsung engineers and force a proper safety / functionality review.

user5m1RZiCuJ2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone, like all of you my microwave started making the random beep and 7 seconds. First once in a while now it has escalated over a series of months to several times a day. The progression of issues I see in this forum tells me it will only get worse. Today I called the Samsung service center, they have opened a ticket for me and advise a service tech will contact me in 24-48 hours. Based on the information here, I anticipate a door replacement that probably wont work. Like many of you, I bought my microwave Nov 2016. Looks like it was a bad batch. Hopefully Samsung will step up and do the right thing. Will keep you all posted on what they do and the reparations. Seems like we should all be credited a new microwave in my opinion.

userc0hxhVeKvF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue with my unit.  Was there ever a fix or something that i can do?  I cut the power for a few minutes and turned it back on but it still randomly presses "7" at least twice. 

Please help. 

Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userc0hxhVeKvF   Please send the model and serial numbers to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxyjTnB782d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung,

How,  after 31 pages of people having the EXACT same problem,  and endless pages of TERRIBLE reviews of your product do you still continue to accept there is a MAJOR problem with your microwaves?  I'm so tired of seeing (and getting myself) the standard "please send us your model and serial number" response.  This is the epitome of poor customer service. Obviously,  I am (along with seemingly every other owner of your microwave) am having this ridiculous "7 second" issue. Obviously you have a CONSISTENT design flaw and it needs to be resolved immediately.  Will someone have to die in a home fire before you give a real response and reaction?  Unfortunately I purchased ALL Samsung appliances and electronics and regret that decision simply based on this ludicrous thread of identical complaints with zero action from your part. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userxyjTnB782d I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would love to be able to assist you. In order to do so, I would need the model and serial numbers of your microwave in a private message. Here is a link to send to me directly: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV