cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userW57kR3jYGF
Asteroid

Please join the suit against samsung for defective ranges

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I met with a lawyer and told him about the many many many post regarding the fire hazards and defective materials from samsung ranges and he is willing to file a class suit. If you want to join me please get in contact with me and explain your situation.

Here is mine: I bought all black stainless steel appliances for my kitchen remodel. Got a gas range that after 8 months of use and being only cleaned with water and cotton cloth is peeling. The black paint is actually peeling! so i tried with samsung but they refuse to fix the problem. They claim that since it is cosmetic failure it is not their fault. Well, i think a new, expensive appliance should at least pass the 1 year of use before falling apart. Samsung refusal to acknowledge the problem is even more infuriating.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Please join the suit against samsung for defective ranges

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this for you. Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number of the range as well as pictures of the chipping?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237
userTEl4t2nSzY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My range is black stainless steel and less than 6 months old paint chipping of.

UnHappyCustomer
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I boughty the gas range NX58K7850SG 3 monghs ago and am having the same problem. A phone call yesterday to Best Buy and ultimately to Samsung Customer support yielded the usual "not covered by warranty - it is a cosmetic issue". The rep gave me the samsungparts.com address where I found replacement parts available. These would cost me approximately $500.

Totally unacceptable. I'll join the lawsuit, since clearly Samsung has no interest in appeasing customers.

userldKTBJqmKQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a Samsung Gas Range NX58K7850S. My knobs keep breaking and the company refuse to replace. I’m tired of buying knobs @ $72 apiece. I just bought this range in November 2017 . Out of warranty of course.esbolb2@sbcglobal .net
userxnwJxlp9sL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever receive any info from the original poster?  I am very interested in taking this further as Samsung is of no assistance.  My range is peeling and looks horrid.  Terrible waste of money with no solution forthcoming.

Thanks

Highlighted
userxlzFrJxidl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

YES PLEASE OURS STARTED PEELING NOT EVEN A YEAR HAVING THE STAINLESS FRIDGE. THEY DONT WANT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. PLEASE ADD US IN. 

usercPBtML9Q82
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there! How do we join this lawsuit? I’ve had my range for just over two years and the paint is chipping by the handle

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this for you. Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number of the range as well as pictures of the chipping?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userWOcipnDonf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Gas Range is less than three months old and tonight i went to wipe it with just water and the paint chipped off! Im so sad after reading all these post that I paid for this stove expecting it to be mad of better quality than this. These post make me cringe at the thought if calling tomorrow to be told sorry its cosmetic. No doubt its cosmetic my whole kitchen is new so cosmetic issues at less than three months use is something that needs to be fixed. Please if anyone has any advice....

userd3biOoMSGx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  am getting the Samsung not responsible for “cosmetic” issues also! Range is <2 years old and black finish coming off in areas that are not exposed to wear and tear!. Got run around by Samsung and Home Depot (yes I paid for extra warranty!) both told me no coverage it’s cosmetic! Bull that is a defective finish that no one is accepting liability for. Count me in on lawsuit. Unbelievable!