cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVUK5m75KJC
Astronaut

Re: Please join the suit against samsung for defective ranges

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a black stainless range that has started to peel where the steam vents from the oven. The damage is clearly caused by the steam venting, which I would classify as a design flaw. The range is still under warranty but Samsung refused to cover it based on photos as "cosmetic". The rep said they would request a technician come out, but when I called the tech company after 2 weeks of no contact they said Samsung had closed the ticket. We won't be buying any more Samsung products after this.

user9pkAPszVAX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is a very sad situation we are all in.  I’m not the person who posted the law suit but I’m going to contact a lawyer to see if it is possible to have a class action suit going.  There are so many people who’s black stainless steel appliances are peeling.   

userpJGNTRtJRX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same story with black stainless peeing off of electric range.  Samsung, or Lowes replaced 3 parts when the peeling occurred within about 7 months of purchase.   Guess what?  Peeling again within 10 months of replacement parts.  Samsung and Lowes state this is cosmetic, and defective parts not covered because of cosmetic.  Wow!  We purchase black stainless and pay more exactly because of cosmetic reasons!  Borderline fraud.  Rip off

Highlighted
user14dcRFUoxt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue as everyone else. All 3 of my 1+1/2 year old appliances are peeling. Is there a class action law suit and how do I join?

userlDqdNMgIRz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will join in on this suit against samsung for defective ranges.  I have the stainless steel/black wall oven.  I am dissatisfied with their product because of all the issues I am having with it.  The automated cleaning system has a defect.  When using the cleaning system the oven got so hot it burn the inside of the oven.  All the enamel in the inside of the oven has cracked up and now the bottom of the oven is rusted.  When I call Samsung, they said it was a "cosmetic" issue.  This is a DEFECT in their oven, this was the first time I cleaned my oven, the oven just turned 1 year old.   This is ridiculious!!!!!  What's the next steps in moving forward with the suit against them, I am ready.   

Dissatified Customer

userN9ZHKbC2Mn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BTW, the Samsung touch up paint runs anywhere from $39 - $54 for 1/2 an ounce!

userN9ZHKbC2Mn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If someone gets a lawsuit going about this, I want in!  I paid too much for these appliances for them to start peeling like this.

userY0w4Pi2qBn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Me too
userzzqbP8jhC8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What did you end up doing? I'm in the same boat.

userxnwJxlp9sL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you find anything out, please let me know as I never heard back from the original poster concerning the suit.